Chapter Three ... The Wolf Moon ... Avery and Shawn's Experience

POV
Shawn

The day of the Wolf Moon came, the entire day was filled with me being nervous

The day of the Wolf Moon came, the entire day was filled with me being nervous. I was on edge, I could fill Meeko pushing at me, trying to take control. I wouldn't let him though, I didn't want him to act out and hurt Avery. Avery was excitable, he was even more lively days after meeting with his circle. The great thing is, that he seems to be getting more comfortable with me, more comfortable with pack life as a whole.

He's been training with Mrs. Mary, she replaced my mother back in the day as Luna's assistant. Mrs. Mary got the job after my parents were... After they were killed doing a hunters raid. Adam has been helping Avery with the side of him that's becoming animalistic. He isn't that good at using his new abilities, so Adam is teaching him to use his new strength and speed. He shouldn't have those abilities, but because of Meeko, he was already marked. So he's been having some wolfy tendencies, a hunger for raw meat being the worst.

Walking inside of the packhouse, it was silent, A'mosh was still being an asshole, and the looming Wolf Moon wasn't helping. His wolf was on edge as well, so I understood why the house was so quiet. I walked through the quiet house, off in the distance my hearing picked up the sounds of Adam and Avery talking. I decided to leave them alone and I walked out of the back door, the door beside the back kitchens. It led down steep back steps, and out into the fields.

I took the fields heading south and went to the rogue cages, they were in what from the surface resembled a cellar but was, in fact, an unground dungeon, one of a few. The one I chose was filled with three cages, the one in the middle had the strongest lock. I opened the cage going inside. I could feel Meeko growling, the walls were made of cement mixed with black and silver aconite. I could feel Meeko growing weaker, easier to control. "It's just twenty-four hours, you can do this," I said. Meeko didn't respond.

At Lunch which thanks to Adam and A'mosh's fight, I was forced to eat at the pack's cafeteria. Avery was there, he sat at the spot designated for the Luna's assistant. It was a sight to behold, Avery in another blue crop top, eating and talking to Brandon and Keaton's mates. His smile was simply contagious, I walked over and sat down. I was there less than sixty seconds when an Omega brought me a plate; meat and potatoes. "Thank you," I said, before turning and facing my mate. "You actually like this stuff?"  I asked him. "No, but Adam and the Alpha aren't doing well at the moment, and I didn't feel like cooking, so this was my last option." He answered.

"It's not bad, just a little off." Keaton's mate, Gram, said. "Bull, we had it so good, I mean our Luna can really cook. We gotta get them fuckin again." Brandon said, and his mate Salma slapped his chest, telling him in her high voice, to stop being so crude. "Come on Sal, you know he's right," Keaton said, receiving in return a slap from his mate. "Are you ready for tonight?" I asked Avery. He looked over at me and I swear his eyes were gleaming a light yellow. Yet as quickly as it was there, it was gone, so I wasn't certain. "I'm ready, although I still say, Meeko wouldn't have lost control... And even if he had, I think I could have handled it." He said, and I sat up straighter. "Is that so, Sunshine? You think you can dominate me?" I asked, laughter in my throat.