three

"MANDO THIS CHILD WON'T STOP MOVING

   "MANDO THIS CHILD WON'T STOP MOVING." Corellia let out a soft groan as she watched the child curiously move around the controls. She leaned herself onto CR-7 feeling exhausted. She hadn't slept for nearly a day and it was getting harder to stay awake.

The R-unit's head rotated with its sensors following the little child. It chirped every once in a while whenever it saw the child touching something to alert either Mando or Corellia.

Mando hasn't spoken for hours. He was silently maneuvering the ship around small asteroids as they approached the planet Sorgan. He let the ship hover over the planet momentarily and turned to face her.

He gently lifted the baby and held it in his arms. "I'll watch over the child, you can rest." He turned his chair back around and let out a heavy sigh, watching the child touch everything in front of him.

"You know Mando," She slowly closed her eyes, leaning her head on the droid. "We should give it a name.. or identify it with a gender? I honestly think it's a he."

"No name. But sure, you can identify it with a he." He replied quietly.

"Great..." Her words trailed off as she fell to a deep sleep. CR-7 beeped quietly, going into rest mode as well.

Now it was only Mando and the child. It reached its hands out attempting to touch everything in front of him. He huffed with slight annoyance and turned his head to stare down at the small creature.

It felt his glare and innocently looked up at him. It softly cooed gently brushing its hand against his visor. His eyes softened at the sight, he dismissively sighed lifting his gaze. He couldn't stay mad at the child.

Especially with a face like that.

Mando finally landed the ship on Sorgan near a tranquil fishing village. He placed the child down on her lap and cleared his throat.

She slowly blinked her eyes open letting out an unamused groan. Her eyes widened at the child in front of her. "Oh- hello there.."

The child looked up at her with its large sparkling eyes and perked its ears up. It waddled over closer to her chest and snuggled against her, letting out a soft sigh.

"Stay here with the child, I won't be long." He turned and started walking towards the back of the ship.

Corellia scrambled to her feet and gently hit the droids head to wake it up. "Come on CR.." she muttered, cradling the child in her arms.

She caught up with him just as he opened the door. He let out a heavy sigh and turned around, narrowing his eyes at her. "I thought I-"

"He is hungry." She stated, walking out of the ship. She didn't even give him a second look and just kept walking forward.