eight

IT HAD BEEN HOURS SINCE Mando and Corellia had left Tatooine with a newly repaired ship

    IT HAD BEEN HOURS SINCE Mando and Corellia had left Tatooine with a newly repaired ship. It was deathly quiet and all that could be heard was the shuffling of Mando's arm brushing against his torso. Corellia leaned back in her seat and whipped out her blaster to do some polishing.

"Uh—" She chewed the inside of her cheek and rubbed her arm, thinking of an excuse to break the silence. "I'll go check on the child.." Corellia tugged a loose strand of hair behind her ear before standing up to check up on the child.

She took a deep breath before approaching the carrier. She almost let out a loud scream as she had almost tripped on CR-7. Mando quickly turned his head at the commotion, silently staring at the embarrassed huntress.

Corellia gently hit the astromech's round top and bit down on her lip. "Hey buddy do you mind recharging yourself over there?" She spoke through gritted teeth and gave the droid an unamused look.

It beeped with sass as if it were saying "that was your fault stupid" before rolling to the corner of the room.

She rolled her eyes and let out a heavy sigh. Corellia slowly opened the lid of the child's carrier and almost felt her heart drop. The carrier was completely empty and the child was no where in sight.

"Mando– the child! He's not in his carrier.."

Mando almost flinched at her statement. He let out an annoyed sigh before putting the Razor Crest on auto-pilot. "Very funny Corellia." He walked up to the carrier and almost choked on his own saliva. "The child's gone."

"I wasn't joking." She snarled, flashing a mean glare at him.

"Well obviously." Mando breathed out.

She narrowed her eyes at him and huffed. "Well?"

"What?" He stared at her with a blank expression.

"Are you going to help me find him?" She pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes feeling helpless.

Mando rubbed the back of his helmet and shrugged, "Uh– I guess?"

Corellia shook her head before grabbing his arm. She dragged him down to the main hatch to start their search. "He's a curious little fella and this is where the child has never explored. So," She got down on her knees and began moving boxes. "Search each container, who knows what he could be doing."

The Mandalorian rolled his eyes before conducting his search. He began tossing the lids of the containers to the side whilst grumbling to himself.

Corellia clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth and whistled in an attempt to lure the child out of his mischief. "Come on out little guy.." She took out a bag of small snacks and started shaking it in her hands.