four

CORELLIA WAITED OUTSIDE of the small hut with her back slightly leaning against a wooden pillar

CORELLIA WAITED OUTSIDE of the small hut with her back slightly leaning against a wooden pillar. She peeked inside the tent every once in a while to check up on what they were doing. CARA DUNE and Mando seemed to be conversing just fine. The child sat in between the two silently shifting its eyes curiously.

It caught her gaze at one point and gently waved at her. She blankly stared at the child before giving the child a half smile. The creature mirrored her expression, giving a wide smile. Her heart did a flip at the adorable little one.

Cara stood up from the table and gave him a curt nod before making her way out of the tent. He watched her walk away and leaned towards the small child, letting out a quiet scoff.

"Well I guess this planet is taken."

Corellia quickly moved out of the entry way as soon as she saw her approaching. She stepped outside of the hut and turned her head towards the younger girl.

"You're with that Mandalorian I suppose?" She quickly glanced over at Mando then returned her gaze towards her. "Oh and who are you?"

"Corellia Kahn, a bounty huntress." She calmly introduced herself and slowly extended her arm out for a handshake.

The woman looked down at her hand almost disapprovingly before giving in to the handshake. She gripped her hand tightly and gave her a firm shake. After letting go of her hand Corellia bit the inside of her cheek in slight pain.

"I'm sure you overheard me introducing myself to your friend so let's skip my introduction. Anyways how do you get around with that guy? He's always so.. I don't know.. cold." She rested her hand on her hip letting out a puff of air.

"I don't know how I do it either.. I just want to protect that child." She peered through an opening and spotted the Mandalorian picking up the child. "I don't think he's so bad." She concluded with a small smile on her face.

Cara hummed in response before positioning her body towards the opposite direction. "Oh, well cool seeing you Corellia." She waved her hand before briskly walking away.

"Cold you say?" A deep voice rang through her ears causing her to snap her head at the voice in shock.

She stared at Mando with slightly widened eyes. That stare transitioned to a small glare of distaste. "Sneaking up on others now huh?"

"It's a simple skill all of us bounty hunters use stardust" He placed the child in her arms and fixed his weapon that was strapped across his body.

She rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms protectively around it. "What ever Mandalorian, What ever" She began walking back towards the direction of where the Razor Crest was parked.

The child wrapped its tiny fingers around her dark brown strands of hair and gently tugged on them. She sighed and looked down at her droid who was quietly rolling along side her.