five

CORELLIA EYES TRAILED down the dirt path

   CORELLIA EYES TRAILED down the dirt path. She went ahead of Cara and Mando to investigate the forest further. She definitely felt that life forms had once passed through this area. Footprints were engraved into the ground. Her breath was caught in her throat at the next clue she saw.

"AT-ST.." She breathed out and slightly stumbled back in shock. "What's it doing here?" A large nervous lump formed in her throat. This was more than what she had expected.

Mando ran up to her and panted, out of breath. He shook his head and sighed. "And they probably knew about this." He said quite annoyed with the villagers.

"Let's go back." Cara didn't even bother to examine the footprints herself. She was now frustrated.

Mando and Corellia glanced at each other before turning to follow her.

"So you people knew about this Imperial Walker and never bothered to tell us?" He snarled and narrowed his eyes at the crowd of people. They all fell silent, giving each other looks.

She could see his shoulders tense up in frustration. She quickly stepped forward and placed her hand on his shoulder, looking up at him with soft eyes. He looked down at her and let out an irritated sigh.

"Fine– here's what we'll do." His arms crossed over his chest. "We'll train you all to fight– that's if you want to keep your village."

"This is our home," Omera spoke up and wrapped her arms around her daughter. "We will fight for it."

Cara rolled her eyes and scoffed. She mumbled, "Be ready to work your asses off because I don't talk people who half-ass their efforts."

Corellia chuckled at her reaction and shook her head. She began to grow fond of her personality and became more interested in her past. An ex-rebellion soldier was something she had never seen before. She was certainly headstrong and very brave.

That night she went out into the forest alone. It wasn't safe but it was calming to be there. It had been a while since she's seen so much green and wanted to take it all in before leaving.

She was raised in a forest on one of the planets in the outer-rims. The people there didn't really care for political affairs so everything was peaceful. That was until a rebel ship took refuge on their planet and broke the peace. Imperial soldiers invaded the planet and began killing everyone in sight, including her parents.

"Leave my child, you have a whole life ahead of you. We're already old and it is now our time to go." Her father brushed his thumb against her cheek and gave her a reassuring smile.

The young naïve child felt the tears well up in her eyes. She knew exactly what was happening and knew she had to follow her fathers orders.