Late Nights

WARNING: RAPE MENTIONS ,SEXUAL ASSULT AND VIOLENCE.

yeah in the first chapter, sue me.

Quirkless.

In the world we live in, this is one of the worst diagnosis a doctor can give you.

Of course, on the surface it looks overdramatic to be bitter because of it.

Yeah, you weren't some kind of superhuman with cool abilities, but that can't possibly affect your life that much can it?

Well, it can.

And it does.

You see, the world turned into a place where EVERYONE had some sort of quirk.

The ones that had a strong one and could use it well, applied to various hero academies, in the sole purpose of someday having the glorified title called "hero".

Being a hero was the best job you could achieve.

The fame, the glory, and most importantly, the money and donations. Being on the cover of magazines, selling your own merch, having a crowd of fans paying to meet and greet with you...being a hero was no longer about ethics.

It was about becoming a celebrity.

The rest of the population that didn't made the cut, and didn't want to become side kicks or work in a hero agency, resorted to the normal jobs.

Officers, business man, shop clerks, tailors, chefs...you name it. everyone had a profession they knew they will be good at.

Those with calculating abilities, or foresight, became businessmen or just stock brokers.

Extra hands? Shop keeper.

Super hearing? Lockpicker.

And you?

Nothing.

Even though the employers didn't say it directly, you were no fool.

You had amazing grades and recommendations from your professors, and you weren't lacking on the social side either.

You weren't hideous looking, being blessed with both looks and brain.

You only lacked one thing.

A quirk.

And that made all the difference.

The employers kept saying they will call you back if you'll be accepted, but the call never came. You didn't expect it to either. After dozens of job interviews, big ones to small ones you already learned one thing- they prefer someone with a suitable quirk.

Being in your twenties with no real family since your parents died in a plane crash a year ago, was hard, so to speak.

You sold the family house to pay for your degree, and with what was left you bought yourself a small apartment in the center of town. It wasn't much, but you didn't have to pay rent.

But you did need to pay for your food, water, and electricity. The authorities didn't care if you were a Quirkless orphan, either you pay or they cut you off.

So, at day you worked for only 4 hours as an assistant's assistant in a small office, where you basically just filed papers that weren't needed anymore. The short shift let you have time to go and apply to multiple jobs, running from one job interview to the other, hopefully someone will eventually take you to work full job. Afterwards you will head out to the gym, daily. You participate in a martial arts class, knowing all too well that this was the only thing that can protect you from ill-intentioned ruffians.