1 I Like Her

Part 1 I like her

RM

It seemed, there was an argument between family members.

Arnav: Dad please stop all this nonsense. I’m tired of seeing girls for marriage. They look different when we go to their home and look different in casuals… disgusting.

Ratna: That’s what usually happens Chotte. Girls use little makeup when Groom’s family comes.

Arnav (chuckled): Little? They use more than “half-inch” of make-up Mom. I wonder, they use SALT paper to remove the make-up or what?

Arvind (laughingly): Ok. What do you want to do then? No one will show their face without make-up Chotte.

Ratna: But this time, I’m sure that you will like this girl.

Arvind: Yah, she is Shashi Gupta’s daughter, Lavanya. You will like her.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

Arnav: Every time, you guys are saying the same dialogue. Please give me a break mom.

Ratna: One last time… just for us… If you don’t like her then you can take a little break.

Arnav: ok. I will see her but in my way.

Arvind: Whatever…

Arnav went to his room thinking about the new proposal of “SHASHI GUPTA’S DAUGHTER”.

Next Morning

Arnav got ready to go jogging as usual. But in a different “route”. That route leads him to Gupta house. He stopped his car a little away from Gupta House. The area looked RICH. He huffed in relief, seeing a few people doing jogging and walking. So, no one will doubt him. He started to jog towards GH. He slowed down his speed when he reached Gupta House. There was no one seen outside the house. He crossed GH disappointedly. He turned at the end of the lane and again started towards GH. This time, he saw some movement on the lawn. Someone was watering plants. It was a girl. He slowed down and started walking by taking small steps very slowly, rotating his hands like relaxing.
He stood, near Gupta House, pretending like tying his shoelace. He saw a girl watering plants keeping a toothbrush in her mouth. Until then, he never imagined a girl could be so beautiful even while brushing. The first time, he felt something in his heart.

He heard someone calling her from inside.

“Beta….. Come fast. Your coffee is ready”

“Yes, Mom. Coming”

Saying, the girl rushed inside the house, turning off the water pipe.

So, she is Shashi Gupta’s daughter…. No doubt he liked the girl and her voice too. He just captured her image in his mind and went from there smilingly.

RM

Breakfast table

Ratna was serving breakfast for Arvind. Arnav joined them.

Arnav: Good morning Mom… Dad…

Arvind & Ratna: Good morning Chotte…

Arnav: Mom, you can proceed with Shashi Gupta’s daughter’s proposal.

Ratna (shocked): Whaaaat? Really?

Arnav: Yeah, go ahead.

Ratna: What happened to you all of a sudden?

Arvind: Don’t you want to see her?

Arnav: I had already seen her Dad.

Ratna (shocked): What? When? How?