51 Khushi's Mind

Part 51 

Arnav caressed Khushi's hair.

Arnav: I can understand, Khushi. But you have to make yourself. Relax...

Khushi: Why it's always me? Is it wrong to trust people?

Arnav: Trusting people is not wrong but trusting WRONG people will always be WRONG. People should be capable of your trust. We can't trust everyone blindly. At the same time, we should not doubt everyone.

Khushi looked at him wiping her tears.

Arnav: We should question ourselves often whether the person deserves our trust or not. Realization gives us a clear picture, beyond reality. Sometimes, we become blind by the love we have for our loved ones. We lose our ability of realization. We even fear to think them bad because our hearts won't be ready to lose them but we have to accept the reality.

Arnav removed his handkerchief. Khushi tried to take it from his hand. Arnav stopped her and took a water bottle. Making the kerchief wet by pouring water on it, he wiped her face and tucked her hair strands.

Arnav: Can I have a hug?

Khushi: I'm alright, Arnavji.

Arnav knew she is not alright. He understood that when she called him ARNAVJI instead of ARNAV. She must be upset though. But, he must make her feel good.

Arnav: But I'm not. I'm feeling low, looking my wife low.

Khushi looked down, frowning. Arnav drew her on his chest and circled her in his arms.

Arnav: Wait, I will ask Aman to postpone the meeting and come with you home.

Khushi: No need. You attend the meeting.

Arnav: Will you go home alone?

Khushi: I'm going to GH.

Arnav face hung. It's obvious if she wants to meet her mother. She will lean on her mother's shoulder to get peace. What if he can't do that? He was happy that at least there is someone who can make her relaxed.

He nodded yes.

Arnav: You go with Mohan.

She nodded yes while taking her bag.

This girl always needs her mother no matter how deeply she is in love with her husband. He sighed. But Khushi didn't go to GH to get relaxed. She had a reason to go there.

Gupta House

Shashi and Garima became super happy, seeing Khushi. It's been many days since she came here.

Garima: Khushi... what a surprise... did you come alone?

Khushi plastered a smile that alarmed Guptas.

Shashi: Are you alright Khushi?

She sat on the couch silently. Garima took place beside her and touched her shoulder.

Garima: What happened Khushi?

Khushi: I want to clear something very important.

Khushi removed Lavanya's letter from her bag and extended it to Garima. Before Garima opened the letter, Shashi snatched it from her hand. He read it. Garima also peeped into it.

{APOLOGY LETTER...

You may think why is the girl who never spoke to you seeking your apology. I'm sorry for marrying you. I'm sorry I ruined your life. I know just a sorry can change nothing but I can't GO without saying SORRY.

I'm in love with Dr Vikas. Yes ... I still love him but YOUR bad luck tied me with you. I said yes to marriage because I'm not brave enough, to tell the truth about my love for Vikas which already had ended. I thought to give a try to this relationship but I'm unable to do that when I got to know that I'm pregnant with Vikas's child. I couldn't stay in this relationship with guilty. So I decided to kill myself. That's why I write this letter. My death may cause trouble for you which I don't want. This letter may sort it out.

You are a nice man. You gave me space. You never disturbed me. I feel pity for myself. I'm the unluckiest girl in the world. Even after getting a gentleman, like my husband, I couldn't make the relationship work.

May God bless you with a good life partner.

Thank you for not disturbing me. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for everything.

Once again I'm SORRY.

-Lavanya}

Shashi and Garima looked at her, completing it.

Khushi: Lavanya should have written it before committing suicide. I found it under the mattress.

Garima and Shashi looked at each other. This is not new to them. They already knew the content. But, they have no idea why she is submitting the evidence to it.

Khushi: Even though you know about Lavanya already I think you should know about this letter. This is Lavanya's exact stand and evidence for Arnavji's innocence.

Shashi shrunk his eyes.

Khushi: I don't want ANYONE to point at Arnavji. Even Lavanya should have written it for the same purpose.

Shashi: Do you think we will take Arnav wrong?

Khushi: We all are human, Dad. Our minds may think anyway. On some days, someone may blame Arnavji. Not that, you will trust them but there is a chance to get suspicion which I don't want.

Garima looked at her shockingly but there is no change on Shashi's face.

Khushi: Don't take me wrong Amma. One day you will agree with me. People are so much interested to break someone's family and trust. I don't want to give them a chance to.

Garima: Whom you are talking about?

Khushi was silent.

Shashi: Anything we may know?

Khushi told them from the beginning....about Rohit...about Anu... Guptas became shocked.

Khushi: They were planning to separate me from Arnavji by twisting Lavanya's suicide against Arnavji. That's why I'm saying this to you because I don't want you to think wrong about MY HUSBAND. I can't tolerate it, dad. I have been losing my close ones continuously. I don't want to lose anyone anymore. You and Arnavji are only left in my life, Dad.

She cried.

Shashi: I can understand. You are not wrong, beta. Even I and your mother missed noticing Rohit and Anu's real faces. Leave it. You have a family. You just concentrate on them. Everything will be alright.

Garima: Haan Khushi... by God's grace, you got a good husband. Forget all the odds of your life. Don't look back. Live in the present.

Khushi: I will... Arnavji will help me to come out of those evil people's memories. He is so good, Dad. I can't bear if anyone blames him for anything.

Shashi and Garima smiled at her faith in her husband. They saw clarity and firmness in Khushi. Thank God, she didn't put Arnav on the list. Instead, she wants them to trust him.

Shashi: None will blame your husband. Relax.

Garima: Wait, I will bring you coffee.

Khushi: No Amma, I will have it with Arnavji.

Garima nodded ok smilingly.

Khushi: Get ready to enjoy the trip.

Shashi (smilingly): Yeah... sure.

Taking their leave, she returned to RM.

To be continued.....