6 What is La hiding?

Part 6 What is La hiding?

AR

Arnav was checking a file in his cabin. He received a call. Not taking his eyes from the file, he attended it.

 Not taking his eyes from the file, he attended it

Arnav: Arnav Singh Raizada here...

"Shashi Gupta here..."

Arnav raised his eyebrows.

Arnav: Hello uncle, how are you?

Shashi: I'm so satisfied as I got a very good son-in-law...

Arnav leaned on his chair, sighing.

Shashi: I would like to meet you Arnav.

Arnav: Sure uncle...

Shashi: When will you be free?

Arnav: I have a conference only in the evening.

Shashi: Shall we meet now?

Arnav: Sure...

Shashi: I will be there in half an hour.

Arnav: Yeah...

Arnav closed the file after finishing checking the file. Why does Shashi want to meet him? Is there anything serious? Did Khushi tell him that he left her in a middle way? He leaned on the seat closing his eyes.

Arnav opened his eyes, hearing the door opening sound. He stood smilingly, seeing Shashi Gupta. Shashi extended his hand for a shake and Arnav accepted it.

Arnav: Take your seat uncle.

Shashi: yeah...

Arnav: Anything... would you like to have?

Shashi: Tea...

Arnav dialled the reception and ordered tea.

Arnav: Tell me, uncle...

Shashi: Actually, I didn't get time to talk to you.

Arnav: Yeah...

Shashi: I want you to know about my family. Shall I share?

Arnav: Sure...

Arnav was curious, what's that Shashi wants to share?

Shashi: I liked your family and you Arnav. I belong to a conservative family. I'm following the same now also. I want my daughters to be obedient and accept whatever I decide.

Arnav wondered, hearing that.

Shashi: There are not given a chance to choose as per their wish. And they never said NO to anything because they knew, whatever I selected for them will be the best. I give my daughters liberty because I know they never misuse it. Lavanya is a little reserved type girl. She shares everything with only Khushi. They are very close like a twin soul. Their bond made me worried. So I voluntarily sent Lavanya to Mumbai for studies even after she got a seat at Delhi University. They cried a lot. but I want them to face all the hard times individually. My daughters are everything to me Arnav. I brought them up with morals, values, and responsibilities. Khushi looks naughty but only with families and close friends. (Don't know why Arnav think about Rohit now) Khushi has one or two childhood boyfriends. But Lavanya doesn't even talk to boys you know? She fears talking to boys because of my strict nature.