13 Fashion Designer

Part13 

Arnav was on the bed thinking about his conversation with Khushi. How she got irritated, hearing him... She looked cute even in anger... in fact cuter... He smiled. She is entering into his life, "beating around the bush". When he was waiting for her, LIFE played a nasty game. When he thought everything is over, again it's falling in the right place. RIGHT PLACE? Really...?

His thought got distracted as his phone started ringing. The call was from Shashi. Arnav sat on the bed and attended it.

Arnav: Hello uncle...

Shashi: Hope you are fine?

Arnav: I'm...

Shashi: I hope you should have heard about the proposal. Ratnaji had told you.

Arnav: Yes...

Shashi: I didn't ask you before deciding it. Because I knew, you won't accept it. I don't know what you liked in Lavanya. But I'm sure; Khushi will give her best to mend things. Though she behaves childish she is very understanding. She knows how to hide the pain behind a beautiful smile and spread the happiness to her surroundings. Mark my words; you will thank me in the future.

Arnav wanted to thank him right away. He stayed mute.

Shashi: We care for you Arnav. We want your happiness.

Arnav: But... what about Khushi? Is she really fine with your decision?

He asked not wanting to show that he already met her.

Shashi: Of course Arnav. My daughters never go against my decision.

Arnav rolled his eyes in irritation. This is how he would have gotten Lavanya married to him.

Shashi: You can talk to Khushi if you want to know her stance.

He said confidently which made Arnav think about their conversation.

"I don't care you like me or not. I don't say NO".

"I had given my words to my father. I won't change it".

And peek of them all, "I won't disturb you"

Shashi: I hope you will understand.

Arnav: Yes uncle.

Shashi: Good. (pause) How is Ratnaji?

Arnav: She is fine and just got discharged from the Hospital.

Shashi: That's great. We will come to RM in the evening then.

Arnav: Ok uncle.

Shashi: See you in the evening.

Arnav: Bye uncle.

Shashi said WE are coming. Arnav didn't know that "WE" includes Khushi or only Shashi and Garima. He decided to wait.

.......

Ratna was resting on the bed. Arvind passed her the juice glass. Without taking it, Ratna was looking at Arvind's face.

Arvind: What???

Ratna(holding her ears): I'm sorry...

Arvind(frowning): For?

Ratna: I have lied.

Arvind: What did you lie?

Ratna(hesitatingly): That, I had heart attack...

Arvind went speechless.

Ratna: I lied, because I want Chotte to think about second marriage.

Arvind drank the juice in a go and looked at Ratna widening his eyes.