FIFTEEN// last year

It was absolute hell for Rae Jasmine, thankfully not one of the teachers thought Five was a new student and minded their own business with made the brunette sigh in relief.

Rae thinks that Five has this ability to fit in everywhere he goes, without actually initiating a conversation.

Lunch rolled on and Five glared at the Cafeteria food, the burger looked like it's made with human meat and it reeks of grease. Rae, who was used to this kinds of things ate her lunch food sourly. She despised Perry for suggesting Five to stay at her school and most importantly, she hated Five for being so dramatic about stuff even if it's his decision on why he went here.

"Hey, you're new aren't you?" Rae looked up and saw Kristina Andrews gazed up at Five with a flirtatious smile. Of course, this day wouldn't end without a cliche girl smogging over Five,

Five nodded, completely unaware of the diva standing before him. He was nonchalantly playing with his hamburger. Kristina saw this and slammed her hand to the table, making Rae and Perry's food jerk back. Finally, after a low grumble coming from the boy, he looked up and saw the green eyed bastard.

"Listen, you're hot and exactly my type, but I believe in guys asking girls the gesture to go out on a date.  Since I am giving you an easy pass why not do it now?" The diva smiled at him.

"Okay, I'll pass." Five smiled back mockingly.

The girl gasped, Rae chuckled quietly but Kristina heard. Out of pure embarrassment and rage the girl slapped Rae, she abruptly stopped laughing and touched the stingy spot.

Five stood up and went near to Kristina, his eyes menacing and his fists clenched. He would've beated the girl to pulp, but considering she was a girl, he refrained.

Kristina gave him a smirk before strutting back to her table.

This was worse than what happened to Rae last year, so she darted off the Cafeteria and went to the girl's bathroom. Locking herself in one of the stalls, she cried her heart out.

Five was well aware that the girl was missing, although he didn't know where she was. She glanced back at the cafeteria and saw Perry mauled at Kristina. He smirked, but teachers arrived and broke the two apart. What a shame, Perry was winning.

He averted his gaze to the long narrow hallway and let out a frustrated growl. How did his mission to save the world ended up with a few detours? He can't help but think that maybe if he never met Rae that faithful night he could've been done with his mission right about now.

But truthfully, he never regretted going to Griddy's for that cup of black coffee.

___________

Soon enough, the bell rang signalling lunch was over. The brunette can't seem to walk out of the stall, it's official that her high school is over.

After a long while of silence, she heard the door creak open, she figured it was just one of those girls who retouch their makeup before going to class so she didn't bother.

"Rae." A familiar voice spoke.

"Leave me alone." She gritted her teeth. The girl thinks that Five has been the cause of her misfortune. She came to think of it, she realized that for the past week the guy has been nothing but trouble.

"C'mon, Rae. Let's get you home." Five soothed.

"I said leave! This was all your fault! If you had just listened to me, maybe things would turn out differently." The girl exclaimed from inside the stall. She's covering her face with her hands, making her voice muffled.

"My fault? Rae I'm trying to protect you here! I've postponed my time to save the world just to keep you safe, if you think I meant ill towards you then you thought wrong! You can't just push me away just because something bad happened. So what if you got embarrassed? This isn't the end of the world Rae-- well maybe not yet but.. you know what I mean."

"Why are you protecting me anyways? You should be off saving the world." Her voice softened, meaning her anger is slowly diminishing.

"Because.... because I like you."

She perked up in shock and quickly opened the stall.

"WHAT!?"

___________

Hehe cliffhanger.

Make sure to vote and comment!