Chapter 1

I've Always dreamed of finding my mate. When I was younger my parents were always laughing and playing and were in perfect harmony. However when I learned that I have to be over the age of ten I was angry and sulky for almost two weeks. Or at least until I realized I was turning ten the next month. I always thought I would be like my parents, in perfect harmony with my mate, it was Always  a dream of mine, but some dreams just don't come true. I am Glory Moon and this is my story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up early for some reason. I feel queasy and out of it. I am starting to loose hope of finding my mate, I am turning fourteen today after all. I look in the mirror and realized I look like absolute shit. I check my bed side digital clock and saw the ungodly hour I had chosen to wake up at, 4:03, it was weird so I decided to get ready for the day. I always resented my body so I saw no reason to look at it in the mirror like most girls do as they silently judged themselves.

I showered And changed into denim shorts and a T-shirt with pandas on it. I never really saw reason to dress up to celebrate one year closer to death or as some rather optimist people saw it one more year alive. It was rather strange that people saw it as cause for celebration but who am I to judge.

I realized how chapped my lips were so I grabbed one of the only makeup items I had, a clear slightly sparkly lip gloss, and applied it on my dry lips. Then I went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

I didn't even try to do my hair since it never tangles and is always limp and lackluster. I don't try to do much other than work these days.

I headed to the park with my phone playing my playlist. My rollerblades were also in my bag, see, I work at an old style diner and have to use rollerblades as a waitress there. It's mostly a hangout for middle and high schoolers and only serves alcohol to people over the age of twenty five and it pays really well so I have to practice to get better.

I got there and gazed over the giant hill that only the runners liked to jog at. It's perfect for my practice anyways since it's part of the track. I sat at one of the benches and took off my running shoes, putting them in the bag with the rollerblades before taking the purple and silver rollerblades out.

Putting on the rollerblades I stood up and looked at my goal. I had managed to go around the whole track yesterday and I would try to do so twice today. I slightly bent forward before skating full speed towards the hill. I got about halfway up the side before beginning to tire but I was determined. I continued going at full speed and when I got to the top I bent down even more to get more speed as I went down the other side. I managed to meet my goal of two rounds and grabbed my water bottle taking a few gulps from it.

I stiffened as I smelt something... intoxicating. My mate I realized. I looked around cautiously but the smell fades away so they must have been in one of the cars heading to the school.

SCHOOL! Fuck!  I totally forgot! I looked down to check the time and realized I had an hour before class started. I didn't have enough time to walk so I decided to skate home as fast as I could.

As I arrived I grabbed my backpack and, with my music blasting, I skated full speed towards school. I saw some cars I'm the parking lot as I got there in half an hour with fifteen minutes to spare I skated around the still moving cars, pissing the drivers off in return, and made it to the entrance. I quickly changed my shoes and ran towards my locker. I took my textbooks out and put my phone in my backpack before storing my rollerblades before running to my first class, biology.

I made it to my seat just as the bell rang and sat in the first seat I saw. I went though the day like this although a lot more slowly then this morning. Finally the lunch bell rang after math and released me from the hell that is algebra

I went to the cafeteria for lunch and got myself a slice of pizza and an apple along with a water since I forgot mine in my locker and was too lazy to fetch it. I sat at the table which my boy crazy best friend decided to sit at. He happened to choose the one right next to the scariest guys at school. Coincidentally they were also the hottest guys hence why he chose the table. The leader of the group is the alphas son, Ryan Smith, I don't really care about him though, he's the schools bad boy and the biggest fuck boy you'll ever find, what does bother me is the smell of my mate. I can't smell him completely because of Ryan and his posse and their poor taste in cologne. It disgusts me honestly. To   Chase however they smell wonderful.

Chase is gay, in case you haven't noticed. And I support his sexual tendencies/orientation wholeheartedly. So if he ever needs to jerk off at a party because some guy did something to "turn him on" I make up excuses or look for the bathroom to guide him to it. We can be considered as a couple since I am pretending to be his girlfriend to save him and keep his sexual orientation under wraps.

But now looking at him as he stares at the group of hot individuals I don't support him at all. Although I still have to act as his girlfriend. I looked at the direction he was staring at and saw Ryan with one of the sluts I happen to go to school with on his lap making out. Suddenly Chase looks at me and whispers

"Hey you wanna make a scene"

Smirking I answered "when was there a time I didn't want to make people uncomfortable"

I suddenly stood up and slapped Chase while yelling "Chase! How could you! We've been together for almost two years and you've ruined it by cheating on me! And on my birthday I have to find out from other people! I hate you but I can't help loving you! What are you doing to me!" And started fake crying with real tears. Yes I am that talented.

He looked at me with pleading eyes and we ignored the whole cafeteria as it had gone silent to stare at us. "Glory please forgive me! I was drunk and I couldn't help it! I love you with all my heart! Please! Will you forgive me?!"

I looked at him and said "fine! But this is your last chance! You're lucky I love you so much!" And kissed him while the whole cafeteria watched. That is until Ryan went and yelled

"Get a room you two!" Rather angrily.

We looked at him and I rolled my eyes "you don't see me telling you to get a room with all the sluts you've fucked do you!? That's right you haven't so please refrain from looking at us if it bothers you so much!"

He looked at me as if realizing something and said "hey! Your the one who ran in front of my car!"

"Hon I didn't run. It's called roller blading get it right"

"Yeah sure. You were running no one can go that fast without tripping on rollerblades"

"You wanna bet you ass! My girlfriend can do a lot of things on her rollerblades" Chase joined the standoff

"I doubt it. Besides I never see her practicing so she couldn't"

"Come to Izzy's Diner if you want to see her in action"

"Alright I will! Let's see if she's that good!"

Then the crowd dispersed leaving us angry and pissed off.