Chapter 3

I woke up feeling queasy again and realized I only had an hour to get to school. I showered and got dressed in a T-shirt with my favorite band on it 'Set It Off' and a flannel around my waist with some denim ripped shorts. I was putting my shoes and sweater in my bag when I got a call. I looked at the caller ID and answered immediately.

"Hello? Alpha Jack?"

"Oh Glory. I want you to come to the pack house today after school. It's important. I've something to give you"

"Umm ok I won't be able to get there right after school so I might be a bit late"

"It's alright just make sure you get here before four o'clock"

"Erm alright but I have to get to school soon see you later bye"

"Good bye dear"

Alpha Jack has been a sort of uncle to me since my parents died a few years ago. He's always been kind to me when others have not. I'm what you would call a social outcast. Antisocial. This is because I turned bitter after their deaths. At least that's what the others have said. I have no problem being an outcast as long as I have Chase by my side. I do wonder what the Alpha could have to give me though. Oh shit all this thinking is making me late.

Putting on my rollerblades I shot out the door and headed towards school, narrowly avoiding a few cars and one or two bicyclists. I shot past the door of the school and down the hallway before changing my shoes.

Fuck I really need to design and custom order some shoes. Maybe something that doesn't require electricity to change. They have to be comfy and easily accessible to change them. Shit I'm almost late.

Running down the hallway I blew past the door to class and sat down at the back next to Chase.

"Chase why didn't you come over and wake me up" I groaned

"Because you were a bitch yesterday and took it too far by slapping me" he answered

"Bruh I know I'm a bitch but I'm still your girl. You don't want your girl getting in trouble do you?" I asked jokingly while setting my stuff up

"No I don't care enough to walk across the street and wake you up"

"You and your lazy ass" I rolled my eyes

"Class sit down and work out these problems while I get my coffee. If you misbehave I'll be giving detention today"

I spend most of my time reading whatever book I find in the library so I'm pretty educated. I quickly worked out the problems and helped Chase with his. I ended up doodling on my notebook drawing my favorite anime characters and writing my OTP in cursive while drawing some fan art. Said fan art included Wendy and Romeo having a fancy dinner and holding hands while Bisca shot bullets into the sky making them explode like fireworks and making glitter rain down on them. I did the whole drawing within forty five minutes. Then the bell rang and one of the sluts Ryan hangs out with grabbed it and showed the entire class before ripping it up.

"Hey guys look at this! We got a little irrelevant nerd who thinks they're artists"

I rolled my eyes and waited to see what she would do to it just to see her rip it and drop it in the trash. At least she's not a litterbug.

I sighed and cleaned my stuff up heading to my next period. Then I redrew the scene and took a picture with my phone before folding it and putting it in my backpack. After that I did my work and homework before the bell rang again for third period to start. The day seemed to pass quickly and it finally ended.

I went to my locker to change into my rollerblades only to see Ryan leaning against it. He glared at me when I came up to him and looked pointedly at me locker.

"Hello bitch. My dad asked me to take you to the pack house with me so hurry up. I've got stuff to do that don't involve runts like you"

I rolled my eyes and said "look Ryan I won't bother you I'll just go by myself and you can head home to do homework or fuck sluts or whatever the fuck you do after school. It's not really my business so I'll go by myself. Now move from my locker please and thank you"

He glared at me and walked away. I sighed in frustration and grabbed my roller blades quickly putting them on and putting my shoes inside the bag. I shot past the doors and saw Ryan barely getting into his car. I sped past the gates and made my way down to the tree line before going down a small trail that led to the clearing the packhouse is in. I managed not to trip on the trail and skated towards the door while Ryan was barely arriving in his car.

I opened the door and sat on a couch on the living room to change my shoes. Once that was done I searched for the Alpha and Luna. I found them in the office and they looked at me tiredly.

"Hello Glory. You know it was your birthday yesterday so we wanted to give you something your mother wanted you to have on your fourteenth birthday." Alpha Jack opened a drawer and pulled out a black box, about the size of a book but flat, and handed it to me.

I opened it and started crying. Inside were pictures of my family, a letter and a jewelry set. There was a stainless steel locket, a pair of earrings that wrapped around my ears and looked like flower vines, and matching bracelets/cuffs to go with. The flowers were made of small amethyst gems and the cuffs wrapped around my wrist and forearms. It was beautiful and I recognized it as what my mum called "her lucky  jewelry". From what I knew my mum was given these as a family heirloom and every time there was danger she would wear them to protect her. She never got injured when she wore these.

I wiped away my tears and closed the box. These brought back memories and I promised myself I would protect these with my life or die trying.

"Thank you Alpha Jack. I appreciate you doing this. It brings back memories and keeps them living on" I said then walked away only to bump into Ryan who had showered and just changed.

Oh fuck no. The smell of my mate hit me full force and I realized it came from Ryan. Resident fuck boy. He's sixteen so he's known for two years. That's why he always wore a fuck ton of cologne.

"Fuck" he muttered and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the living room where no one was. "I, Ryan Smith, reject you, Glory Moon, as my mate and Luna of this pack"

It hurt so much I almost started crying, but I didn't, instead I smiled and said "I, Glory Moon, accept your rejection" and walked away.

                                  (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚