Part 1: The Meeting

Part 2 will be posted soon. I will try to post twice a week... sometime it will be more... sometimes less. Hope you enjoy!

Rosalyn, a wingless dark fey, has been searching many years for someone like her. Each day she wanders across foreign lands, her memories being her only friend. After stumbling across the kingdom of Ulstead she finally gets the answer to the question she asks herself each lonely day... am I the only one left?

                                                                                        ~~~*~~~

                       The dark fey were once a terrifying species. A breed of creatures that brought shivers down the spines of even the strongest warriors of men, but the once proud, strong, and heavily populated creatures are now reduced to hiding in caves, holes, and darkness. No longer do they soar the skies with grace and a smile, no, now they cower in darkness like bugs with the fear of extinction constantly suffocating both the elders and children alike.

                     Imagine telling a child, so filled with hopes and dreams, that they will never be allowed to feel the freedom of the skies, the sun on their backs, water tickling their toes as they glide above the unforgiving sea, their skin dampen as they slice through puffs of white. Imagine telling a child that they will have to hide in constant fear for the rest of their immortal life because another species loathed the thought of something different from themselves, something stronger, something.... magical, and beautiful, and magnificent. But of course that is just the reality of the dark fey.

                     Now having the ability to fly but not being able to use it except in a contained area was horrid, yes, but having that ability ripped away from you was worse than death. It was a life time worth of torture to have to wake each morning only to have your reality slammed into your body. A reality Rosalyn had to face each day and had been facing for many years.

                     Surrounded by a field of tall, wispy grass that swished back and forth softly with the warm breeze Rosalyn stared into the darken sky speckled with twinkling lights. She stared and her thoughts ran wild with past moments of time as a lead like weight settled in her chest. Her memories of freedom and flight were a constant torment just like the persistent feeling of loneliness Rosalyn felt as she trekked through foreign lands to find something she could not name... a friend, a life without sorrow, a land untouched by greed and maliciousness, perhaps she was searching to answer the question that she often asked herself. Am I the only one left?

                           Soon enough she closed her large, delicately shaped eyes, eyes that held boundless amounts of kindness, sadness, and wisdom, as the sounds of wildlife and nature lulled her to fall into the dark abyss of sleep. Sounds that played together creating a symphony of music no human, beast or fey could ever dream to recreate. Her head that held horns of the dark fey rested against her dainty palms as her body covered in a thick, white cotton dress curled into itself under the protective fabric of a large, black as the midnight sky, cloak. And she dreamed. Dreamed of how the chilly wind once shifted through the feathers of wings she no longer had. She dreamed of her own kind and the moments she once had shared with them before she had found herself alone in a cruel world. She dreamed of a freedom she once had. A lone tear slid down her sharp cheek bone and dripped onto the soft grass below.

                          Many hours later Rosalyn was once more walking over fields of flowers, boulders, over rolling hills, and through shallow streams where she came across another village with a castle and king. Something she was used to seeing.

                        Peaking through trees and the brush she could see the townsfolk bustling about the only thing being on their mind was their next task. This village appeared to be no different than all others Rosalyn had ventured to with their similar housing, bland color scheme, and dirty appearances. She would be in and out in the span of a few quick hours.