Part 2: Little Thief

Rosalyn had always enjoyed finding new species, plants, lands or basically anything she hasn't witnessed with her own two eyes before. She had always enjoyed broadening her mind and wisdom on the subject of life and all parties involved. However she could not decide if she was enjoying this new discovery of hers. Of course she was relieved, but this was not the way she envisioned receiving her answer, a sword to her throat that is. She was no longer the last of her kind, and to be honest... it scared and excited her.  As she stared into those smug, burnt golden eyes she could feel the weight of each lonely day rolling off her shoulders in waves.

               The dark fey are immortal and will only stop growing once they reach maturity, this is common knowledge among their kind, so telling age by physical appearance was close to impossible. The only way another dark fey could tell how old their brother or sister was is by their eyes. Eyes tell all. Eyes tell what they have experienced, eyes tell who they have connections to, eyes tell emotions, feelings, their past, and their innermost thoughts. Eyes among the dark fey reveal who you are. Rosalyn could tell... this fey has lived many horror filled years and now has a heart of stone. 

               Those eyes stared into her soul... perhaps trying to decipher her own eyes and what they held. She let her eyes wander and trace his intimidating figure: sun kissed skin marred with past injures, lean ropes of muscles that rippled with each movement, dark horns that spiraled upwards similar to her own, inhuman cheek bones, long, blond, matted hair that rested on his broad shoulders, a strong jaw and a sharp nose, long, thick legs.

            This man was beautiful, and guessing by the way his smirk deepened as he witnessed Rosalyn skim down his figure, he knew it. Though his figure and facial features were impressive what truly took Rosalyn's breath away were his wings. They were common colors among the desert fey, even if no two wings were the same, but when the sun hit the multi colored feathers they exploded in shimmering shades of pure gold.

          Every feather was easily visible for his wings were stretched and puffed as a show of dominance, and Rosalyn was drinking each and every feather up.

           "Well, gods be damned little thief, you are no human," he whispered in a deep voice once more tapping the sword to Rosalyn's cheek. His smug smirk faltered for a short moment when he notice no wings on her back, instead a rage Rosalyn could only compare to a hurricane ripping through a village settled deep in his eyes.

            "Touch me with that sword once more and you shall be without a hand," growled Rosalyn while snapping her sharp canines as a warning. An amused expression graced his features as he slowly put his sword back in the sheath. "Rise little thief, we have a long conversation ahead of us."

             Standing tall she huffed a sigh of frustration when the tip of her head could only brush the mysterious fey's shoulders. Motioning towards the thick wide life ahead of them the man began walking, Rosalyn hot on his heels as the shouts and cursing of the guards fell on deaf ears. Rosalyn felt as if she had stepped into a different world when they were a few paces into the moors. The air felt clearer, cleaner, crisper.

              Everywhere she looked all she saw was vibrant shades of green and otherworldly flowers and plants. She could lose herself in the trees and grass. She could feel her worries and anxieties chip away as the peacefulness of nature and its creatures surrounded her body and mind. It just felt... right. Her being there, walking with one of her kind, surrounded by life. 

             Her attention was pulled towards her companion when he asked, "name?"

            "You know typically you give your name before asking someone else's." Rosalyn rolled her eyes at the glare she could feel piercing the side of her face.