Cuddles (just a present)

This is not apart of the main story but it is still with then same characters. It's just a cute, little piece for y'all being so patient with me.

Happy early or late birthday lol.

If y'all want me to do little pieces like this more often just say so. I'll also take request if y'all want to give me one. (Only if y'all like this one and want me to make more)

                                            ~*~

Borra could see the chills rising on her toned arms as a particularly biting, frosty wind blew through their nest. His eyebrows furrowed once his lover and mate shivered. Even if she was a tundra fey and was built for the harsh snow and ice she still had no wings of her own to keep her warm so Borra decided to be her wings for the night.

Shifting slightly he grabbed her arm and gently slid her shivering body towards his warm one. Scooping her up in his muscular arms he heard her grunt, which was something she had always done when being woken up, it was involuntary and she hated it.

"Baby you're shivering. Don't grunt at me," Borra chuckled as she grunted once more.

Rosalyn's eyes fluttered open only to glare at her mate with the heat of a thousand suns. Needless to say she did not like being woken up.

"Well hello there beautiful," he smirked with an eyebrow slightly raised.

Rosalyn continued to glare until he softly wrapped his golden wings around their tangled bodies. A cocoon like heat enveloped both of them causing Rosalyn's eyes to roll to the back of her sockets and her head to flop on Borra's naked chest.

"You're so warm," Rosalyn muttered in a sleepy voice. Borra could tell she was treading on the thin line of being asleep and being conscious by the way her words were slurring and her pauses were just a bit too long.

"And you're so beautiful." And he wasn't lying. She was absolutely beautiful. Her tight, white, curls were a mess. Her slender, twisted horns pointed proudly towards the roof of the egg shaped nest. Her high cheek bones, sharp nose, and plump lips looked as if they were carved in marble by the world greatest sculptor as they bathed in the moonlight that slipped through the opening of the nest.

Borra's warm fingers found his lover's arm they began to lightly swirl and move up and down her arm tracing an invisible pattern.

"Hmm.."

Had she always been so cute? Or was Borra just now realizing he held his whole world in his hands?

Overwhelmed with emotions Borra placed his lips on Rosalyn's forehead for a feather soft kiss.

If anyone had asked him to explain how much he cared for and loved her... he wouldn't be able to do anything other look down and smile for there was no words that could amount to the love he had, no words that could describe the feeling in his chest he got when he saw his world in front of him. He loved her and nothing was going to tell him otherwise. He had waited years for her and he was never letting her go-

"You're my new favorite pillow," Rosalyn whispered interrupting Borra's thoughts.

One second passed, two, three when suddenly his deep laughter reverberated through their nest, bouncing off the curved, wooden walls made of sticks.

"You're so important to me it hurts little thief," he whispered lovingly while gently brushing a few strands of hair from his mate's eyes with softened eyes and a small smile.

Rosalyn's eyes slowly opened bringing a mischief filled smirk to her lips. "Let me kiss it better."