Part 5: Cold

Still in my bathtub

                                                                                                ~*~

Rain still pounded unmercifully as Rosalyn ran to the boy who was now lying on the ground staring directly at the angry sky. Falling down onto her knees beside the child who was only dressed in thin pants and shirt, she grabbed the sides of his face and tried to get his attention. Rosalyn gasped at how furiously his body was shaking. She needed to get him warm now or the child would die, and fast.

Grasping him in her arms she tried to stand only to slip and fall once more. Lightening sparkled above followed by a booming clap of thunder. Cursing she tried to stand once more with the boy in her arms successfully this time. Relief flooded her system as she laid eyes on a cave not too far from her and the boy. Trekking towards the cave the sound of splitting wood rang through her ears.

A tree was falling.

Should she move or stay still? The boy shivered. Move.

It was so dark.

Rosalyn could hear it, but she couldn't see it. Still she continued towards the cave that could mean life or death. And just as she stepped foot on the freezing stone of the mouth of the cave the tree she couldn't see before came crashing down and hit just where Rosalyn was standing deciding if she should move or stay still.

The boy coughed as she advanced deeper into the cave. She couldn't see anything until the lightening flashed every few seconds. 

Rosalyn didn't believe in any gods. The only thing she believed in was the Phoenix, and the fey don't pray to her, but if she had gods she would be thanking them with everything she had once she noticed flint off to the side of the cave. Laying the body down she quickly grew tender and sticks, she then placed them on the thankfully dry rock, and hit the flint together causing a spark that landed in the tender. 

Getting on her knees she crouched over the items and began to gently blow to make the fire ignite. A few moments later she had a sad excuse of a fire, but a fire that provided warmth none the less. The child groaned causing Rosalyn's attention to fly over to his shaking, horizontal form.

"Don't worry sweat heart I'll take care of you," Rosalyn whispered to the child as she crawled over to him and took off his shirt and pants. Luckily he had on another layer of cloth that covered his private parts. Following suit Rosalyn took off her black cloak drenched with rain and her dress, also having extra layers of cloth covering her privates.

Quickly getting as close to the fire as she could without being burnt she grabbed the child and laid the back of his head between her breast, his back against her torso careful of his wings, and his waist between her legs. Hugging him from behind just like a mother would to keep her youngling warm. A few silence filled moments had pasted and his shivering had not calmed though he felt warmer to Rosalyn compared to a few minutes ago, he must be terrified.

Rosalyn began to run her long fingers and sharp nails gently against his scalp and through his dark, brown, short locks. Vibration came from deep within her chest as she began to hum a song her mother used to sing to Rosalyn when she was scared or sick.

"It's okay young one, I promise I will let no harm befall you while you are in my care. Close your eyes and sleep," whispered Rosalyn in his pointed ear as she notice his eyes fighting sleep.

His light snores soon filled the cave.

"You found him."

A deep, gravelly voice resonated, that Rosalyn quickly recognized, from the mouth of the cave. The fire not emitting enough light to show the man there. Lightening flashed, a reminder of the storm that still raged on outside, lighting up the cave again showing the wet body of Borra standing at the opening with mud and running paint covering him.

"Borra," acknowledged Rosalyn.

"Where was he?" Borra questioned as his gaze never left her eyes, even if she was almost completely naked, out of respect for her.

"Hanging from a tree, the poor thing." Rosalyn glanced down at the boy, raking a shaking hand through his hair.

Borra took in the two fey huddled there shivering, practically naked, by a fire, hugging each other as an emotion he couldn't describe gripped his chest. Rosalyn and boy shook again. Borra sighed as he stepping into the cave and took off his shoulder pads, and pants.

"Wha... what.. are you doing?" Rosalyn sputtered as Borra gazed at the female his eyebrows furrowing. Stomping towards Rosalyn, Borra almost laughed at her bewildered expression.

"Maleficent would have my head if I let the two of you die from the cold," responded Borra if it was the most natural thing in the world. Borra took Rosalyn's cloak and tried to somewhat dry himself off before crouching behind Rosalyn and growling in her ear, "if you speak a word of this to anyone, you're body will be found drifting in a lake."

"Asshole."

"Whatever." Borra sat down and placed a squirming Rosalyn on his body just like she had done to the child.

Rosalyn's face flushed as she could feel Borra's damp, warm skin press and stick to her own. Her mind was going in circles with the thoughts she was having. Thoughts she shouldn't be having about a man that was naked pressed against her own naked skin just to keep her warm. Borra noticed her flushed face as his lips tugged into a smug smirk.

"My, my. By the color of your cheeks I would say you were enjoying this, little thief," laughed Borra.

"Shut up," pouted Rosalyn.

"Don't think about it too much." Borra wrapped his wings around the three of them, "go to sleep."

Rosalyn did just that for in a few minutes her head lolled to the side, her mouth slightly parted, and her breath deepened. Borra's gold eyes soaked in the two fey as they slept in his arms. His eyes began to wander over Rosalyn's hand, her forearm, bicep, shoulder, they wandered over her exposed neck and her now flattened hair that had been pushed to the side. His eyes wandered over the dips and curves of her face and plump breasts.

Reaching a hand up he gently pushed away a stray strand of hair from her face, letting his fingers run down her protruding cheek bone, her jaw, down her slender neck and over her shoulder towards the jagged scars that were in place of her wings. Barely, just barely touching the puckered scars his heart began to hurt for this young fey he was cradling in his arms.

Quickly realizing what he was doing, Borra shook his head as his relaxed, and softened expression turned into a frustrated, angry one. How dare this fey crash into his world and make him feel emotions he can't describe, and do things he wouldn't do to just anyone. Huffing Borra slammed his eyes shut to block out his emotions and the truth.

The world of sleep took him a little while later, as the pounding of the rain echoed throughout the cave.