chapter one.

THE DAY Clementine constantly dreaded was finally here. Her mother, Anne, was finally able to move Clementine, her brother and her sister out of the disgusting hole of a home they used to live into a tiny apartment. Anne had a total of two job, and often found herself working overtime to make ends meet. Clementine and her family didn't have much, they never really did. In her youth, Clementine remembered her mother doing the best she could to make her happy with what they had.

She didn't know much about her father, he took off when she aged 5 leaving her mother in a constant financial struggle. Clementine didn't hate her father, there was more to life than that. But she was curious as to why he would leave his own family in a time of need.

Anne lightly knocked on Clementines door, a room her and her sister shared. Which Clementine didn't mind.

"It's time to get up girls. You especially Clementine."

Clementine opened her bright green eyes that ached from little sleep. Clementine was constantly kept by the creaky beds both her and her sister slept on. It was a miracle her sister could actually get a good nights rest at all. Clementines eyes would constantly open throughout the night and stay that way for 30 minutes.

She slowly made her way out of her bed and into the only bathroom that was in the small apartment. They all shared.

She let her unruly, curly brown locks out of the bun she had been keeping it in. Freckles traced from her nose to her cheeks, her slightly brown skin made it a little less visible. But they were still there. Clementine never really liked the way she looked, but it was never really a focus of hers. She brushed her teeth, washed her face and headed straight to her relatively small wardrobe. It wasn't like they were able to shop at nice stores. Twice a week, if everything looked alright, Clementine and her mother would go to the thrift store for clothing.

Knowing she would be joining a new school, Clementine felt the need to try today. But at the same time how could she? She mostly wore baggy clothes, and her converse were near the end of their time. Mom promised her a trip to the local thrift store this weekend.

"I guess." Clementine sighed as she stared at her plain grey shirt and faded leggings.

"Are you about done, your siblings are ready?" Her mom walked in. She noticed her daughter staring at herself, and not quite too fondly. "You look gorgeous, sweetheart. Now grab your backpack we have to leave. We will go shopping this weekend like I promised." Anne kissed her daughters forehead before leaving the room.

Clementine nodded to herself before grabbing her backpack and walking out.

"All set?"

"Yes, mom."

"Here." Her mother through a clementine.

Ironic.

They are Clementines favorite fruit, Whenever she can get them.

"By the way Clem, I need you to stop for some groceries after you get home. I left money in the drawer. Your brother and sister will be in after school care. Please be sure to pick them up after your grocery visit. It's not much in there so only what we need. Alright, everyone set?"

Clementines nerves weren't through the roof. She feared everyone wouldn't be too fond of her. But at the same time it didn't matter to Clementine what anyone thought of her. She just hoped to get through the day.
-
hi, first chapter will only be in third person and then from there it will be first.

trying something new.

hope you guys like.

this was just insight into clementines life.

skye :)