Chapter 2: The Hogwarts Express and Remus Lupin

The following day, after breakfast, Snape shrinks Harry's trunk and pockets it. He let's Hedwig fly off to Hogwarts to meet them there. Snape said, "Just like last year, I'll set the cage with your trunk, after you arrive at the castle." Harry said, "Ok, dad. Thank you." Snape nods, smiling, "Ready to go, Harry?" Harry nods, smiling. They leave the house and disapparate to King Cross Station. They go through the wall between platforms 9 and 10 and appear on platform 9 3/4. Arthur smiles as he spots them and said, "Hello Severus, and Harry." Snape said, "Hello, Arthur." Harry said, "Hi, Mr. Weasley." Arthur said, "May I speak with Harry for a moment?" Snape said, "Of course, Arthur." Arthur pulls Harry away as Mrs. Weasley gets their kids onto the train. Arthur said, "There's something I've got to tell you before you leave. Certain people in the ministry wouldn't want me telling you this, but.... You're in danger, Harry. Grave danger." Harry said, "It's ok, Mr. Weasley. I already know." Arthur said, "You know? How could you know?" Harry said, "Dad told me. Sorry." Arthur sighs, "That's not how I wanted you to find out...." Harry said, "Honest, it's ok. That way you won't break your promise to Fudge. I know what's going on too." Arthur said, "What do you know about Sirius Black, Harry?" Harry said, "Only that he's escaped from Azkaban and is coming after me." Arthur said, "You must be so scared." Harry said, "I'm not, honest. I'm not trying to be a hero, but seriously, Sirius Black can't be worse than Voldemort, can he?" Arthur said, "Please don't say his name." Harry said sheepishly, "Sorry, Mr. Weasley." Arthur said, "It's alright. Now, when you defeated You-Know-Who, Black lost everything. But to this day, he still remains, a faithful servant. In his deranged mind, you are the only thing that stands in the way of You-Know-Who returning to power. That is why he has escaped from Azkaban. That's why he is after you, Harry." Harry said, "He's after me to kill me, isn't he?" Arthur sighs and nods, then said, "Harry, you must swear to me that whatever you might hear, that you won't go looking for Black." Harry said, "Mr. Weasley, why would I go looking for someone that wants to kill me?" Arthur said, "Harry, swear to me that you won't looking for him, please." Harry said, "Ok, Mr. Weasley. I won't go looking for him." Arthur hugs Harry and returns him to Snape. Arthur said, "Have a good trip to Hogwarts, Harry. Thank you, Severus." Harry nods in return as Snape said, "You're welcome, Arthur." Snape watches Arthur go to Molly with curiosity. Snape said, "What did he say to you, Harry?" Harry told him what Arthur said. Snape said, "I see. Well, he shouldn't worry, since you will be safe with me at Hogwarts." Harry nods and said, "I agree, dad." Snape said, "Let's get you on the train, Harry." Harry nods and follows Snape.

Snape helps him find a compartment to find a man asleep there. Snape eyes him, before enlarging Harry's trunk. He puts the trunk up on the luggage rack and turns to Harry, who was looking at the man. Snape said, "I assume you want to know who he is. Am I correct?" Harry looks at Snape and nods, "Yeah dad. Who is he?" Snape said, "His name is Remus Lupin." Harry's jaw drops open and said, "The one that didn't stop Sirius and my dad from bullying you?" Snape nods, "Yes, He didn't do anything, because he was afraid to stand up to them." Harry said, "You don't seem to like him, dad." Snape sighs, and said, "The reason for that is, because Sirius Black had seen me sneaking around, trying to see why they kept sneaking out once a month. I was also curious as to why Remus Lupin was ill around the same time." Snape adds, "What I am abut to say to you, stays between us. You may tell your 2 friends who the man is, but nothing more, understood?" Harry said, "Yeah, I understand, dad. I promise." Snape sighs and said, "Sirius Black played a prank on me, which involved Remus Lupin here. A prank that nearly cost me my life." Harry looks shocked, "What did Sirius Black do?" Snape said, "Sirius Black told me that if I wanted to know why Remus Lupin was ill, that all I had to do, was to press a knot on the Whomping Willow and go down into the passage way. The passage way lead to a place called the Shrieking Shack, which is located in Hogsmeade. So, that very night, I snuck outside and follow Madam Pomfrey, who was leading Remus Lupin to the Whomping Willow. I watched as she helped him into the passage. I hid as she came back into the castle. Once she was gone, I snuck back out and prodded a knot that I saw on the Whomping Willow, with a long branch. After having dodged its branches. I jumped into the passage and started to follow it. I had just reached the stairs that lead up to the Shrieking Shack, when I felt someone pull me back, sharply. It was your father who was pulling me back. He didn't want me to go up there, I however, wanted to. We argued back and forth, until we both heard a howl. I started up the stairs, only to freeze, when I saw the back end of a werewolf climb through a trap door. I turned around and high-tailed it out of the passage. I never ran so fast in my life. James follow soon after. We got out of the passage and ran back to the castle. Once I reached the entrance hall, I passed out. I awoke in the hospital wing to find James there. He apologized for Sirius Black's cruel prank on me. He told me he had a row with him back in their common room. I said nothing, but I was relieved to see your mother. James sighed and said that he hoped I would feel better soon, then left. Your mother stayed for the longest time, after James left." Harry said, "So that's why you hate him? Because of a cruel prank, his friend Sirius Black did, that involved him. Do you think Remus Lupin was part of the prank?" Snape sighs, "I don't know if he was, if I'm being honest. I assumed he was. I continue to, to this day." Harry hugs Snape and said, "I got a feeling that he wasn't dad. Remember he was transforming." Snape sighs and said, "Don't tell him that you know this, alright?" Harry nods, "I won't tell him, I promise." Snape smiles as the warning whistle blows, "Here's your ticket Harry. I'll see you at Hogwarts." Harry takes the ticket and said, "See you then, dad." Snape ruffles his hair before leaving. Harry chuckles as he sits down. Snape gets off the train and waits.