eleven.

AUTHOR'S NOTE;
real bruh moment for y'all on this chapter. don't hate me. ;)

~~ ~~

  "ASTERIA!"

"ASTERIA!"

  someone shouting my name loudly, is all i hear as i shoot up in the bed i was currently laying in. i'm drenched completely in sweat, and my breathing is uncontrolled.

  i look to my left, where the one and only tommy lee is standing, his eyes widened with fright. i furrow my eyebrows as i catch my breath. i look to my right, to see a groggy looking duff.

  what the fuck was going on?

  "astie, are you okay?" tommy asked me, his voice rushed and panicked. i clear my throat, and push away the swelling in my heart of him calling me that, and the feeling of butterflies that came with it.

  "what's happening, tommy?" i ask, and he gives me a weird look as my eyebrows furrow and i glare at him in confusion.

  wasn't i just explaining everything to duff? wasn't i just reliving my real life nightmare? what the actual f—

"you were having a really bad panic attack in your sleep. i woke up and tried to wake you, but then tommy came in since you guys share a room. he's been trying to shake you awake for about five minutes," duff explained. i blushed in embarrassment, and sheepishly smiled over to both duff and tommy with grateful smiles.

"i'm sorry for scaring you guys," i say, and pause as i shiver and remember my supposed dream. it all seemed so real. "and thanks for your guys' concerns. that was just a really vivid dream. i thought i was living it for a moment there, i guess," i chuckle nervously, and tommy nods in understanding, and duff looks lost in thought.

"yeah, well it's okay. i just came in here from nikki's room to take a quick shower and tell you that we're leaving to another city in about... 2 hours? i think? i dunno, doc was mumbling his words n shit," tommy giggled, but before he could fully skip into the bathroom to disappear, i stopped him.

"wait! tommy, why the hell were you in nikki's room?" i ask curiously. tommy smirked, and duff groaned from behind me, as if he knew what tommy's smirk meant specifically.

  "we had a threesome."

  i scrunch my nose up in complete disgust, and i laugh incredulously as i shove his body into the bathroom.

  "gross ass," i mutter as i hear his laughter echo off of the bathroom walls as i slam the door in his face jokingly.

  i smile to myself as i think of tommy. his contagious, loud laugh. his smile, that can never fail to light up a room, nonetheless my mood. the way he's able to joke around with anyone—

  "after you're done daydreaming about that punk drummer, can you explain last night?" duff asked me, ripping me away from my thoughts.

  i freeze. maybe me explaining literally everything to duff wasnt a nightmare after all?

  i smile softly as i face him. "define... 'what happened yesterday.' cause, you know; i have bad memory," i laughed nervously, and he raises an eyebrow at me, yet nonetheless explains.

  "last night, i walked in on you in the backstage hallway, having a huge panic attack. i took you back to your hotel room, but when i went to turn on the room lights, you had passed out completely. what happened?" he finished explaining, and patted a spot next to him on the bed, motioning for me to sit there. i obliged as i started speaking, explaining the situation as vaguely as possible.

  "lili was being extremely rude to me, and threatened to do something to me if i don't listen to her. so she was just being plain ol' lili, i guess."

  duff's eyes narrowed as he looked at the hotel's carpeted floors with a mix of disgust and despise. "god, i knew she was off. what did she threaten you with?" he asked.

  i silently gulped in a large breath. i didn't say anything else. i couldn't; i was scared everything would end up like my dream.

"i have an abusive ex. i don't want to talk about him. or anything about him. but lili... lili somehow found out about him. i don't know how. it's scary." i say, and he scoffs in disbelief and i smirk at that.

"that blonde bimbo couldn't hurt a fly—" duff started, but then i quickly interrupted him.

"but my ex could. and the information about our relationship, could. he was a bad man, duffers, and he hurt me in more ways imaginable. he could hurt me, and lili said that if i don't stay away from tommy or nikki, she'll spill all the information about my past that she somehow found out, to EVERYONE. and i cannot let that happen," i say, and my voice cracks as tears fill the rim my lower waterline.

  this all frustrated me so, so much. and the fucking bad dream i just had, wasn't helping whatsoever. god, how did she find out the info?! that's the thing that's killing me.

  "s-so, you're just gonna avoid tommy and nikki just because of her idle threats?" he asked, as if this shit was no big deal. but to me, it fucking was. this was my chance to make new friends, and to make a clean slate. the last thing i want them to know about me, is about my fucking dark ass past.

  i looked at duff, my face stoic and blank.
"duff, i'll go fuck myself with a chainsaw before i let anyone know about what's happened in the past." i say, and he sighs through his nose and nods.

  he looks off, thinking. thinking hard; i can basically see the gears turning in his damn head.

  before i could say something, he turns his head to face me, a slight goofy smirk implanted onto his face as he spoke my thoughts.

  "well, fuck!"

~~ ~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
hey. sorry for the short chapter today. i visited my mom in the hospital today and it kinda fucked me up. i hope you all are going well, and somewhat enjoyed this chapter.