Chapter 2

Welcome to Into the Unknown! Chap. 2, a Christmas/ Holiday gift from me to you.

"She's sleeping. Let her sleep." a male voice said.

The voice sounded young almost like it was my brother's voice waking me up in the morning.

"But I don't want Bernard to come here and yell at us for why there is a mortal, human girl in Comet's stall in the middle of the North Pole!" a girl shouted at the young boy.

This girl sounded young too, maybe about the same age as the boy maybe a tad bit younger. But why were so young children working on a farm? Well, if they were running this place like an old timey place with child laborers (because the country was very out of it), then I could definitely see why they would be like this. I was going to wait until they left me alone but.... I didn't count of Comet blowing in my face.

I jumped up from the hay and screamed in the process of it. Comet laughed at me, and I glared at him. He shut up and continued knawing on his carrot. I turned towards the two young children staring at me. I assumed that they were waiting for me to acknowledge them. But this place. I don't remember getting here in the first place. Did I fall asleep on Comet's back while he flew me here?

Oh, right. The reindeer can fly. The reindeer can fly! And here I am not fully on freaking out because of it. Because how many people have you seen that own a flying reindeer? Wait. A. Second. Was I at the North Pole? I can't be at the North Pole! I haven't believed in Santa Clause for a decade! Santa Clause was not real! Eight flying reindeer was not real! There was simply no such thing as that.

Neither were elves and a workshop! A big red sleigh! But If I was here and this isn't some dream telling me to go back to my childish roots, can someone please tell me I'm at the North Pole, so I wouldn't be so confused and I could freak out more (because who doesn't freak out about that)?

"Where am I?" I asked them. "Who are you? How did I get here? What am I doing here?"

"You're at the North Pole *Thelma!*. I'm Thelma. This is Curtis, and we think you got here because you got a ride on Comet. Although, I'm not so sure how you found him or how he got out of his stall." the girl explained.

The girl, Thelma, had red brownish hair (is that color called auburn? I'm not so sure) and very green eyes like the color of mint ice cream. She wore trousers and those pointy toes that were cliche elf foot wear on her lower body and a completely green T-shirt with a black jacket around her shoulders. If she wasn't a kid (and I was at the North Pole), then she must be an elf. The boy that stood beside her had a round face, blue eyes with round glasses, and brown hair. He wore a black and white plaid shirt with a grey winter jacket on his upper body and brown trousers and black high top converse sneakers.

"Do you want something to eat?" the male elf, Curtis, asked me.

I nodded my head as Comet made some noises which I could translate to, "Show her around the pole."

Almost instantaneously, Thelma slammed the poor reindeer's suggestion, "No! I am not going to get my cocoa priviledges taken away because of you two being idiots! Plus, I really, really think she should go home like right now before something bad happens."

Did this elf not want me here? Was it bad that I had made my way to the North Pole? Well, it wasn't my fault that Comet brought me here. I just took care of him when he hurt his hoof. It's not my fault that this stubborn deer thought it would be a good idea to take me to the North Pole for some Wintery fun in SEPTEMBER! But now that I was here where he came from, I didn't want to leave without looking around this place.

"I want to look around. Only because it was Comet's idea. I'm not going to leave until I see everything. Plus, I have some questions that I have to ask for younger cousins." I said.