Chapter 12

What the hell was that? Okay, so I was once again awake, but this time I was in my room and staring at my white ceiling with painted stars (give me a break, they were painted after I moved into my aunt and uncle house to help me sleep). I repeat my question (because I forgot what it was a second ago): what the hell was that?

I had kissed Bernard.
Bernard had kissed me back.
I liked the kiss.
I think he liked it too.
What does this mean for us?
What could it possibly mean for me!!
What could it mean for me and my feelings.
Feelings I have no idea what they even mean.

But that doesn't change the fact, that I want to kiss him again. Wait a second. That was my first kiss! One of Santa's elves that I have conflicting feelings over stole my first kiss. Actually, it was more of an accomplice to stealing my first kiss (thank you Abbigail). I heard my door open and I turned my head to see what it was. It was one of the twins, Lisa, stumbling into my room at around two AM (yeah, I've been up for several hours).

"[Y/N], I can't sleep." Lisa rubbed her eyes.

"Are you sure you can't sleep? You look very tired." I commented.

"I'm scared to go to sleep." she admitted.

I remember being small and young and having nightmares that didn't want me to go back to sleep until I had someone there for me. I patted the spot beside, and my cousin ran in and hopped onto my bed and cuddled into my side placing her head on the pillow beside mine. Right now, I don't think I ever will get to sleep. I'll just stay here like this forever.

Until morning and be that weirdo that stays up to rummage and organize her thoughts. Almost like... like... like... like.... The next thing I know is I woke up. Wow. When did I even fall asleep? My phone buzzed from my nightstand and I reached for it.

Unknown
Do you want to come to mall and hang out? P.S. This is Celia.

Since when did Celia Liberman get my number? Oh, well, it doesn't really matter now. It's not like I'll ever use it to begin with. The Russian Blue cat, Momo, yawned and stretched before rubbing her face on mine. Oh, right. Both Momo and Maggie sleeps with me. Wait a second. Where's Lisa? It looks like she disappeared (or woke up and went downstairs for breakfast).

Maggie jumped up from hert spot on the bed and ran in circles barking madly at me. Oh right. Dogs only bark around me when they're excited along with any other animal (who I only hear do their most common noise when they are excted just like the others). I texted Celia back and crawled out of bed. I would not be going to the mall to hang out with Celia.

I had other stuff to do.
I didn't have time to spend my day at the mall.

But it'll give you a chance to think over what happened yesterday.
And Celia did say you like him and he likes you back.
She might be able to help.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Don't get sidetracked. You will forget about yesterday. It never happened. He probably didn't tell anyone anyway, so why bother with not pretending it didn't happen?

"[Y/N], where are you? We're going to the mall to get you a dress!" my aunt called up the stairs.

A dress what? "What dress, Aunt Sarah?" I asked climbing out of bed before pulling on some jeans and a plaid top.

"For the homecoming dance on Friday!" Aunt Sarah said as I walked down the stairs

"But I don't want to go to the homecoming dance!" I exclaimed.

"You're going to the dance, and I don't want any arguing, [Y/N]. You're a junior. A dance will be good for since your lazy ass won't do anything productive besides homework." and this farm, you old hag! 

I grumbled, took a granola bar from the pantry, grabbed my shoes by the door, and went to the car. I climbed into my aunt's car and she did the same. The car ride was silent as we drove to the mall. Aunt Sarah dragged me to the first store: Kohl's. Aunt Sarah rummaged through the racks of clothes trying to find me the so-called "perfect dress" while I stoof off to the side.

I didn't want to go to some Homecoming Dance. I already have to go to Ring Dance because you already bought my class ring! Aunt Sarah tore her focus from the racks of dresses and turned towards me with a seething glare.

"Why aren't you looking? It's your dress we're looking for." she asked me.

Actually, you're looking for a dress for a dance I don't want to go to. I was this close from telling her off when I wasn't given the chance. Because I was saved by the person I didn't think I would ever be saved by.

"[Y/N]! You're here!" Celia exclaimed from another rack of clothes before a look was placed on her face. "What are you doing here? You didn't answer my text, so I thought you didn't want to go."

"[Y/N], who's this?' Aunt Sarah gestured to the femle that had walked over to us.

"This is my friend, Celia." I introduced her.

The smile that appeared on her fae said it all. She was escatic to know I called her my friend.

"And you didn't tell me she had invited you to go to the mall with her!! I'm please you have actual friends." she told me.

I have friends. You just don't appreciate or approve of them since they aren't human. "So, can I go hang out with her?"

Aunt Sarah nodded her head and I ran off with Celia whispering a thank you to her as we did.

You all probably noticed the sudden binge of chapters I put out. I decided to do this because of a recent development that happened in my life that I don't think I'll recover enough to post the chapters on their update day. And I will not be writing any new stuff. I will finished chapters that I have already started and write the first official chapters of new Fanfics I have in the works, but nothing else. Thank you all for understanding. See all of you in May.

Chapter 13: May 11, 2020 @ 9:00 PM EDT