Chapter 20

"Okay. Okay. Do you have everything?" I asked my little brother, Dean.

"Yes!" He said.

"You sure? You completely one hundred percent sure you have everything?" I asked him.

He rolled his eyes and nodded his head. "Shouldn't you be doing this to Lisa and Sam?"

"I'm the brilliant person who did their packing for them. Our aunt and uncle are gone and the Miller family is picking us up in about two hours. The plane ride is a long one." I told him.

That's a lie. It isn't even a plane ride. From my knowledge, Carol Calvin will arrive with the sandman and will make my cousins and brother go to sleep. And then, Carol will take me with her to the North Pole. I feel bad lying to the little ones, but I was so looking forward to the day's extravagant adventures.

"Now, my little brother, do you have five shirts?" I asked him.

"Yes."

"Do you have five bottoms? Preferably long pants such as sweatpants, jeans, and/or leggings?"

"Yes!"

"Six pairs of socks?"

"Yes! And then some!"

"Six pairs of underwear?"

"[Y/N]!"

"What?!?"

"I have everything!"

"Two pairs of pajamas?"

"Yes."

"Slippers?"

"Yes."

"Bathrobe?"

"Yes!"

"Hat?"

"Yes."

"Gloves and/or mittens?"

"Yes."

"Scarf?"

"Yes."

"Ear muffs?"

"I don't have any! And a hat is better than nothing!"

"It was a test, little brother. It was just a test. Winter coat?"

"Yes."

"Toothbrush?"

"Yes."

"Toothpaste?"

"Yes."

"Hairbrush?"

"Yes."

"Shampoo? Conditioner? Body wash? Floss?"

"Yes, yes, yes, and yes."

I grabbed his shoulders and turned him to me, and I stared into his eyes. "I don't trust you."

"You should. I'm your brother. And if any of us is going to leave something, it is you." He told me.

And then the doorbell rang. They... were here.