Chapter 14

Have I ever mentioned that I don't like Thelma? Like I don't like her at all. Why does it matter if I like Thelma or not? Well, she's Celia's best friend, Tina, and she got her brother to come to my house to be my date for the Homecoming dance tonight. A dance I didn't want to go to in the first place, and my aunt was practically forcing me to go to.

I was ready with my dress (that Celia had lent me) on, my hair curled into a Queen Elsa styled braid, my makeup done by my brother (yes, he knows makeup, because his middle school girlfriend taught him everything he knows), and I was waiting for my ride to get here. Unfortunately, I did not know how that was going to go.

You see I was supposed to be meeting up with Celia, her date, and Thelma for dinner before the dance at Chili's. Thelma would be picking me up. But no. No, she wasn't. You see I recieved a knock on my front door, and I ran over to it to answer it. And I wasn't expecting the person behind the door to be who it would wind up being.

"Bernard.... Hi. What are you doing here?" I asked the curly brown haired elf dressed in a nice shirt and slacks.

"Thelma said you didn't have a ride to Chili's, and that you didn't want to be third wheeling them." he told me.

Thank your sister for turning something that was going to be weird into weird and awkward. Thank her for me, please, before I strangle her. Before I do something I might regret.

"[Y/N], who's at the door?" Aunt Sarah said walking into the Foyer and spotting Bernard. "Who's this? You didn't tell me you had a date."

"Yep, this is my date. This is Bernard. He's taking me to Chili's to meet up with Celia and Kyle. We're sort of double dating." I said with a laugh at the end.

"Well, don't leave! I want to take a picture with the two of you! Come in. Come in. I want you two to stand in front of the fire. Perfect. [Y/N]'s never been on a date before, so."

"Really?" Bernard looked at me, and I could tell he had a glimmer of teasing in his eyes.

"Don't encourage her. Aunt Sarah, is this really necessary?" I asked her.

"Of course it is. I don't have many pictures of you in a dress. Let alone of you and a boy." That's because I've been told I'm a little weird.

"I thought you said she was awful." he whispered into my ear.

"She's just being nice because you're here." I whispered back.

"Smile." she told us with her camera.

Bernard wrapped an arm around my wait and rested his head on top of mine, and we both smiled at the camera. I think the heat from my cheeks is going to cause me to get heat stroke. Can you get heatstroke from blushing too much? I'll just google it later.

"Bye, Aunt Sarah." I said as me and Bernard left the house. "Since when do you have a car?"

"It's a long and complicated story." he told me. "Why did you tell me that your aunt was awful?"

"It's a long and complicated story." I told him using his own words against him.

Hope quarantine is going good for you all. In light here's a new chapter. Oh and if any of you like both Umbrella Academy or Miss Peregrine Home for Peculiar children, I created a crossover x reader called Runaways. Four chapters done, loves. And if you just like Umbrella Academy, I'm working on a Five x Reader called Khione. So go check them out please!