Chapter 4

After Curtis had left Bernard (who only yelled at him), the elf brought the injured reindeer, Comet, to a veterinarian elf. Curtis was already planning on it after he showed [Y/N] around the Pole. But now that was out of his way thanks to the head elf (who Thelma was more than right about a certain fact about it), so now was the perfect time to get Comet checked out. 

Curtis had to drag Comet (with a smaller elf named Kira who was struggling severely) towards the veterinarian clinic. And man did this deer not want to go to the vet. If one thought cats and dogs hated the vet, then that was nowhere near what reindeers thought of the vet. Or at the very least what this reindeer thought of the vet.

"Comet, come on! I promised [Y/N] I would take you to the vet to get your hoof checked out. Don't you want to make her happy?" Curtis told him.

And almost like something had snapped inside of the reindeer at the mention of the [H/C] haired female, Comet stood to attention and actually cooperated with Curtis. After that, Curtis managed to bring the reindeer to the vet's office.

"Hi, Curtis. What's the matter this time?" The vet elf asked him.

"Comet hurt his hoof when he got out. Can you take a look at him, Mason?" Curtis asked him.

"Sure. Come here, Comet." The  brown haired-blue haired elf named Mason told him.

Mason took a look at Comet's injured hoof, saw what the problem was, and wrapped it with a bandage. And then Mason got out a needle.

"And just as a precaution to make sure he can fight off anything he might come in sight of." Mason said putting the needle inti the syringe.

And Comet flipped out.

🦌🍪🦌

"[Y/N]!" Thelma exclaimes bursting into the kitchen. 

"Good to see you too, aloof elf. What is your deal? One minute you hate me and the next you want to be my friend and suddenly you hate me again. What gives?" I asked. 

"Comet is going berserk. We need tour expertise in this field." she told me. 

Comet was going Berserk??

"Permission to go and calm down a rampaging wild animal?" I asked turning towards Ms Newman.

"You don't need my permission, [Y/N]. Just go and calm down the reindeer." she told me.

When she said that, I practically flew out of the kitchen and ran to where a bunch of elves were screaming. In my experience when a group of people are screaming, that is normally where the rampaging animal is. And trust me when Olma, our cow, got out last year, that was the case. I ran over to where he was noticing that Curtis, Bernard, and another elf with ginger hair were trying to wrangle him. I pushed through the crowd of scared and startled elves.

"[Y/N]! What are you doing here?" Curtis asked after I made my way over to them.

"Thelma told me Comet was on a rampage. I'm here to help." I explained to the three of them.

"No offense to you, but I don't think you can help us." Bernard told me.

"It shouldn't be that much different that wrangling a stampede of horses that got into a marketplace or bulls running through Barcelona." I told them.

"Stop talking and do something!" The ginger haired elf exclaimed.

I walked up to Comet who was bucking everywhere and flying in the air and freaking about whatever it was that got him so worked up. Comet jumped up in the air some more and (I don't know what was going through my) I grabber Comet's ankle and brought him to the ground. I began to pet his snout and cooed at him.

"Calm down. Calm down. [Y/N] is here. [Y/N] is right here. You're okay now." And I didn't pay attention to the other elves giving me a look I recognized all too well.

**

"Are you sure you want to stay in here with him?" Bernard asked her a few hours later after they all had something to eat and the Comet situation had calmed down quite a bit.

"Are you sure you want me to stay here?" I retorted.

"So, I take that as a yes." Bernard commented.

"You would be correct." I told him, nodding my head.

Okay, so here is the basic rundown of this whole debacle. Bernard was letting me stay the night in the North Pole after this crazy day. And yes, I did get food (dinner, but I'm not complaining about that one fact). But anyways, after Bernard left me stay the night, I had told them I wanted to sleep in Comet's stall. Both Bernard and Thelma tried to course (you can really tell they're siblings when they stand besides one another) me into agreeing, but I had declined.

"I would feel really much better if you would actually sleep in a bed." he tried to course me.

"There probably isn't the room to be fair, but I already sometimes sleep in the barn." I told him knocking down his idea once again.

"That's the saddest thing I think I've ever heard. Well, do you need any blankets?" he asked me.

"No. I think I'm good." I turned towards the pile he had already given me. "Seeing as you had  already given about forty."

"I didn't give you forty. More twenty five to thirty." Bernard said.

"That's still a lot. And it's not any better. Can you go now? I want to get to sleep before Christmas of 2054 rolls around." I told him.

"Okay. I hope you have a nice night, [Y/N]." and with that Bernard walked away.

Legos? Me and my brother Andrew were currently building a tower of large toddler legos. I remember what this was. This was August Twelveth when I was six. This was... This was... This was... when the worst day of my life happened. And it was supposed to the best day of my year. I smelt something burning.

"Mom, do you smell that?" I asked her before focusing on my legos once more.

I heard my mom sniff the air (and it was one of those times of the year you had to really sniff the air in order to smell anything with you know allergy season). Mom yelled for my father. If he was smelling anything burning. That's when I saw the orangey, yellow light. "Mom, what's that?"

Mom whipped around in her chair and screamed once she saw what it was, "Chris! There's a fire!"

My father ran down the stairs and ran to the front of the door before I saw the "fire" erupt into more of it. Dad tried to open the door, but it was locked. And when he unlocked it, it wouldn't open. Something was forcing it to be kept shut. Mom ran to the back door and tried the same thing for no luck. All while I watched the fire spread and become bigger and bigger and bigger.

Afterwards, it's a big blur. Mom and dad were yelling at me and my brother and just about everything with panicked faces and my brother crying. The next thing I do remember is waking up in a hospital with bandages around my arms and legs. My aunt and uncle standing in the room looking at me with sad eyes with my brother (who was only two years old) in my aunt's arm.

The next words would be all I would be hearing for the rest of time in that moment.

"[Y/N], I'm sorry, but your parents are dead."

And I felt like dying. Right there. Right then.

Chapter 5: February 11 at 18:30 EDT