Chapter 13

I am sick. And to make myself feel better, I thought I would give this an update. So I could see all of your wonderful comments.

Yes. The time had come for us to go back to school. And for the first time in forever, I didn't have to ride the bus. No after my Saturday with Celia, she was going to give me a lift seeing as we rode the same bus all throughout middle school (and Freshman and Sophomore year). I climbed into the car as Celia beeped her car horn to alert she was here.

I grabbed my bag and bolted towards Celia Lieberman's car. I hopped into the front seat. This was a first step to something I had been missing from my life. Before I had allowed Celia to be my friend (that's a story for another day), I used to be this weird girl that could talk to animals. Now, I had a friend in the most unlikely of places I had thought imaginable.

"Do you want to go to Starbucks and get some coffee? We have enough time." she told me.

"We do?" I questioned, raising a brow at her.

"Yes. The bus takes forever. I do not." she told me.

I had no idea if that meant she liked to speed or if the bus just went super slow to stop at all of the rural houses around my home. But knowing what my gut was telling me, it was probably both. Probably both that she liked to speed and the bus was just naturally slow because they hated us. Celia drove out of the driveway and towards Starbucks.

She ordered a peppermint mocha for me and a pumpkin spice latte for her. While we waited in the car for our respected coffees, I noticed how she eyed me from the corner of my eye.

"What do you want?" I asked, a little more venom in my voice than I would like.

"Have you talked to Bernard recently?" she asked me.

"He came by the farm on Friday. He helped me around the farm." I explained.

After I had ran off with Celia to get out of dress shopping with my Aunt Sarah, Celia had taken me to get pretzels from Auntie Anne's. After that, we had a long friendly discussion where we really got to know one another. And I told her I had a crush on Bernard. Actually, now that I think about it, it isn't some stupid schoolgirl crush.

It was something more than that. I actually cared for him. I actually genuinely liked him. I like the curly brown haired head elf of the North Pole.

"Did something happen between the two of you that you haven't told me yet?" she asked me.

"Nothing happened. Nothing of dire importance." I told her.

"That is not the right - thank you." the lady at the window passed her our drinks. Celia handed me my Peppermint Mocha, and she drove off. "That is not the right answer. Something did happen. Something you don't want to talk about did happen. And I don't know if it was because you two aggreed to not speak of it or you're embarrased by it, so ]Y/N], honey, what happened?"

"We... um... kissed." I said taking a sip of my peppermint mocha.

"You two WHAT!!! Give me the deats. How did it happen? Did he kiss back? Well, obviously since you said we kissed. Was it good? Was it your first kiss? Probably yes, but I want to know." she seemed more upbeat now.

"He was helping me with giving one of our cows a bath, and her tail smacked into me. He caught me, and we sort of kissed. It was weird. It was awkward, and I never want to go through that again. So, the next time I see him, I will not mention it." I told her.

"[Y/N], you have to talk to him. He may have the same feelings for you that you have for him. And if you never talk to him about it, how can you know he likes you back?"

"He probably doesn't, and he probably kissed me back, so he would spare my feelings." I told her.

"No, he doesn't. Most boys won't kiss you back to spare your feelings. All boys won't kiss back if they didn't like you. He most likely definitely likes you." Celia pulled up into the junior parking lot.

I climbed out of the car not wanting to answer anymore of Celia's ray of fiery questions. I took my mocha in my hand and started to walk into the high school. I almost lost her. And by almost, I mean not at all, because she caught up with me in the hallway. She practically dragged me to  her locker with her other friends. One of them Kyle and the other one of her friends.

Wait a second. Why does Celia's best friend look so much like Thelma? Wait a second. Is that Thelma?

"[Y/N], you already known Kyle." Yes, the Kyle that you are going to the Homecoming Dance with. "And this is Tina. Her name is actually Christina, but we call her Tina. Actually, everyone calls her Tina. So, me and Kyle are going to the dance together and Tina's going with this guy named Curtis, but who are you going with?"

I don't have a date. "I'm not going with anyone."