Chapter 4

Two shots went off

Jerome and Shon stopped then looked at themselves seeing were they the ones who got hit but they weren't they looked beside them and seen Bridget laid out.

"Oh shit Mrs.Bridget. FUCK call 911." Shon put pressure on her wound

"I'm not calling no damn 911 I'll be damn if I go to prison." Jerome said

Shon pulled his phone out and called 911.

When the polices and ambulance arrived Jerome climb through a window and took off running.

"Somebody catch that man." One of the officers yelled.

Shon was zoned out trying to process everything that happened. Hoping Lisa and her mom was alright. They put both of them on stretchers then in the back of the ambulance. Shon hopped in the ambulance with Melisa.

When they arrived to the hospital they rushed both of them to the back. Shon tried to go back there too but they wouldn't let him. He sat in the waiting room, called his parents then just waited

-2 hours passed-

"Family of Melisa Robinson" Shon and his parents stood up.

"Melisa is going to be alright. She got a couple bruises and scratches but she will make it." The doctor smiled

Shon let out a breath of relief. "What about her mom. Is she ok?"

The doctors smile dropped "sorry but were still working on her. I'll let you know how things are going soon."

Shon looked down "well can we see Melisa?"

The doctor shook his head yes then took them to her room.

Melisa did a small smile. "Hey babe, hey Mr. Micheal and Mrs. Tareesa.

Tareesa and Micheal went up to her bed and gave her a hug "Hey baby girl how are you what happened?"

Melisa looked at Shon surprised he didn't tell them what happened. "Mrs. Tareesa I haven't been completely honest with you about my parents. The reason they have not been talking to you because my mom is now on crack and my dad has became abusive. He constantly beats me and my mother."

Tareesa looked in disbelief "omg baby why did you not tell me. I can't believe they would do such a thing. I never seen your parents as the type to do that. We've been friends before you guys were even born. I guess things changed when we had moved but when we came back after Shon was born they seemed like they were still fine. Idk you never know what people are going through when your on the outside looking in."

Melisa just shook her head. "I don't know what to do Mrs.Tareesa. My dad is the reason I'm in here. He wouldn't have the nerve to come to the hospital I hope and I... wait WHERES MY MOM?" She tried to jump up but she was in to much pain.

The doctors walked in "Mrs.Robinson we have both bad and good news. Good news is you can go home tomorrow morning. The bad news is We did everything we could do with your mother but she's in a coma and we don't know when she will wake up. I'm extremely sorry and hope she will wake soon." The doctor put his hands on her shoulder giving it a small rub then walked out.

Melisa started crying wanting answers "what happened to my mother ! Last thing I remember before blacking out was her running in with a vase."

Shon looked afraid not knowing what to say. He already felt like it was his fault for having the gun on him in the first place. He walked up to Melisa bed and started crying with her. "baby I have something to tell you."

Melisa and shons parents looked at him waiting for his response. He told what happened from the time he ran in the house. "When we were fighting over the gun. Your father's finger touched the trigger and it went off. When policies arrived he ran leaving me there with both of you" He looked down shaking his head.

Melisa cried even harder punching Shon in the chest and his parents were disappointed in him for even having a gun. "Son what the hell do you not know you could go to prison even if you didn't pull the trigger it was still your gun. That's all the evidence they need to pin this shit on your ass. They don't give a damn if your the one that did it or not as long as they have somebody as a suspect that's all they care about." His father just shook his head ready to knock him out. He walked out the hospital room

"Baby what are you doing with a gun." His mom said with tears in her eyes.

"Protection mama."

"Protection from what boy.!"

He looked his ma in the eyes, "Mama I sell dope. That's how I keep our bills paid ! That's how I keep food on the table. You don't have no job, you and dad ain't together no more he got a whole nother family. They living all fancy and happy. While me and you sitting around in that old house struggling. He only come around when something happens. Somebody got to bring money in the house.!

*smack* his mama slapped him across the face. "First of all who the hell do you think your yelling at ! Second of all you can go out and get a real job you don't have to sell no damn dope. I raised you better than that!"

He dropped his head "I know mama. I'm sorry it's just the easiest and fastest way."

She shook her head "yeah it's easy to get in Shon but it's hard to get out off. Specially if you get caught ! You better not have been bringing that bullshit in my house. I'm to old to be going to fuckin prison boy."

"mama you nor me going to prison cause I'm not going to get caught."

"You damn right i'm not going to prison because as long as you still doing that bullshit you not coming back in my house ! When you decide to get your shit together the right way then you can come back!" She then stormed out the hospital.

At this point Shon was pissed and started knocking over everything he could in the hospital room then broke down "I can't believe she really just kicked me out at a time like this."

"