Chapter 16

-1 month later-

Shons Pov

This past month everything went exactly like I said it would. I got a job at a warehouse getting paid $20 a hour, still sell dope on the side a little. Melisa got a job in some office, she just take phone calls and get paid $15 a hour. My mama got a job in some boutique she's the manager and get paid $17 a hour. So, everybody got plenty money coming in. My mama really cut my dad off like I told her too. He decided not to be in my brother life. Oh ya I got her a car too.

Today is graduation day. I'm so glad, we were going to go to college but what's the point ? We got good paying jobs. I got hell of money saved up, like set for life type shit. Also I got 2 surprises for everybody.

Me, Melisa, and Vontae was sitting down with the rest of our classmates waiting for our names to be called.

"TYSHON DAVIS" the principal said snapping me out my thoughts.

I walked up with the biggest smile. Then I hit My little dance and posed for the camera.

5 minutes later Vontae was called.

"VONTAE JOHNSON" he went to the stage then grabbed the mic "Fuck everybody, I'm glad we out this bitch all y'all can kiss my black ass." Then he turned and literally showed his black ass.

All the classmates went to laughing. Then 3 minutes later Melisa was finally called.

"Melisa Robinson" she went to the stage and just smiled and waved. I was so proud of her, my baby graduated with honors.

Afterwards we all went to the school lobby and met up with our parents. My ma was here and Vontae parents. My dad and Melisa dad was a no show which didn't surprise me. Melisa mom was still in rehab. She got to see everything on FaceTime and She's doing good.

"Yall look so adorable" Vontae ma said pinching my cheeks. I winced in pain, she was pinching the hell out of them.

"We grown now yall!" Melisa said

"Yup time for Vontae to move the hell out." Vontae dad said.

"Ima leave when I'm ready pops. Y'all know y'all gone miss me when I do leave the nest. He said looking frustrated

His ma slapped him on the shoulder "nigga please you wish. "

We all burst out laughing. After talking for a couple minutes and taking pictures we were finally leaving.

We went to our cribs and changed so we could go to a couple house parties. Rosa even came down and supported, but she didn't come over there by us cause she wasn't ready to meet Vontae parents yet.

After everybody got dressed we headed to the first party which Was this girl name Logan. It was deep as hell bottles everywhere. I grabbed one of the bottles for me and Melisa.

We took a couple shots then started dancing. Tell me why I look and see Hailey and Aaliyah asses. Hailey came up to us. Melisa rolled her eyes "look shawty don't start no shit ! We just want to have a good time tonight now ain't tryna beat yall asses again."Melisa said wit a attitude

She scoffed "calm down I came to apologize."

Before she could finish her sentence Rosa spoke up "oh this the bitch you got to hitting wit. Oh naw shawty she ain't accepting no apologies should of been thought about that. Oh and you little hoe! She said pointing at Aaliyah "you owe me a one for tryna jump. Better be glad I wasn't here."

"Look like I said I didn't come over here to start nothing. Can we just leave the past in the past. We're all about to be real adults now."

"Ight I accept yo apology now bye before you kill my mood." Melisa said