Part 8-Say What Now?

For the next couple of days Lillia and Pierre spend time together doing many things.

They would visit one another's homes and either watch TV or paint. Other times they went out to have lunch or ate at one of the other's homes. Aside from food, TV, and art, they began to do other things together.

Pierre took Lillia dancing at a club he liked and they got their groove on. Boogieing and bumping each other's hips while the crowd looked on in amazement. Lillia brought Pierre to her university and he even participated in one of the foreign student outings. He also donated some money to the university's food bank and other charities.

Eventually Pierre met Lillia's parents after her mother had been away for a few years. Pierre was honored to meet them. Hearing of her father's fate and her mother's compassion moved him. He felt very welcomed and respected by her parents.

During dinner Pierre was being naughty.

"So Mr. Simpson, Lillia never said 'Daddy' until out of the blue?" He asked, teasing her.

Lillia nudged him in the elbow.

"Her mother BEGGED her to say 'Mommy' first."

Pierre laughed hearing the stories of when she was a baby to how her parents kept such jovial lives.

He also was moved to learn how they met as well. Her mother was without a home or work but with her father's aide they managed to find her work and they fell in love. Amazingly, history was repeating itself with Pierre and Lillia.

He'd gone to the grocery store with her and helped purchase enough food to last her until the second month.

The only downside to their trip was the giddy and wide-eyed cashier who kept looking at Pierre like he was some Rock star.

When Lillia noticed he simply took her by the shoulder and they left the store.

Lillia couldn't have been happier during this time, it was like a dream come true.

One day Pierre had made arrangements for them to stay at a hotel for a night while he did a conference. Lillia started to get ready to meet him there when her phone rang. She checked the caller ID and it was Ashley.

"Hi Lillia, are you busy?" Ashley asked.

"I'm leaving in forty-five minutes so I have time to talk."

Lillia slipped on the crochet racer back dress Pierre had bought for her while holding the phone.

"Good. I got some info about Pierre Sommerville."

"Really? What did you learn?"

"Well, he was married and has been divorced for months now."

"Okay. What else did you learn?"

"He's also an actor from Western Europe."

Lillia nearly dropped the phone hearing this revelation.

"He is famous in his homeland of France and the United Kingdom."

"HE IS?"

"Yes but he isn't that well known in other parts of the World, except Canada."

Lillia was speechless by this news, he had lied to her.

"Thanks Ash."

She was beside herself and tried to hold her tears. Literally, this was the worst news ever.

Half an hour later...

She tried not to stay mad and remain calm. How can the man she'd fallen madly in love with do this to her?

She waited for his bodyguard to come in and as always he did.

Lillia followed him to Pierre's hotel room and she knocked on the door.

Pierre smiled and gave her a hug, she tried her hardest not to shove him.

Lillia walked into the hotel room and sat down not too close to where Pierre would be seated.

"I was hoping we could check out the gift shop located downstairs later. Maybe buy your parents something."

Lillia remained silent.

"What's wrong my dear?"

Lillia got up and gave him an indignant look.

"Why didn't you tell me you were famous? That you were a French European actor who starred in movies alongside one of the stars of 'Bonnie and Clyde'?"

She turned her face away from Pierre as he reached out to touch her hand.

"Lillia-"

She snatched her hand away from his touch and turned her face away.

"I don't want to hear it Pierre!"

"Look, the part about the clothing line was true okay?"

"But you lied to me about your actual profession!"

"I can explain-"

"Is this what you do? To deceive the women you're with?"

"Absolutely not! I never-"

"Oh but I'm an exception?"

"I had a reason for doing it! Let's sit down and-"

"NO! I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

"LILLIA! LILLIA!"

She stormed out of his hotel room and went home.

Pierre went to the bed and laid down staring at the ceiling. He shouldn't have kept his acting profession a secret from her.

He took out his cellphone and left her a voice message.

"Hi Lillia, I apologize for not telling you I was an actor. I never wanted to confess like this. Listen, I'm staying at the hotel for another few days. I want us to talk."

He hung up the phone and tried to sleep that night without his university girlfriend.