Part 9-Love

Throughout the next couple of days Pierre had meetings, but that wasn't important anymore. Every day he let the front desk staff notify him if Lillia had come. For four days he never got word.

Lillia was at home during this time thinking over her time with Pierre and how madly in love she was. This secret he'd hidden was a shock and a part of her wish she'd learned differently. She wanted to be sure he meant what he said and his feelings were mutual.

On the fifth day...

Lillia arrived back at the hotel and told the front desk she was there to meet Pierre.

"Oh! You're Lillia Simpson! Mr. Sommerville has been anxious about your arrival for the past four days now." The front desk receptionist said.

Lillia was in disbelief.

"He has?"

"Yes, he has been asking us to make sure to notify him once you come."

Lillia was amazed, he really did love her if he wanted word of her coming.

She watched as the receptionist telephoned Pierre and then had a startled look on their face before hanging up.

"You don't need to wait long."

Lillia was surprised by that. Usually when she was meeting him somewhere she waited a couple minutes and his bodyguard came to get her.

Within three minutes she saw Pierre quickly come to the front desk while panting. Had he run here? She wondered.

"Hello Lillia."

"Hi."

He took her hand and thanked the receptionist.

Lillia could see that he was relieved that she'd come.

"Where is your bodyguard?" She asked.

"I gave him a few days off."

He led her to his hotel room and they sat on the bed.

She noticed the lights were dim and there was a candle lit.

"You light candles?" She asked.

"Only when I'm in need of some aide from the High Above. Candles are used a lot in spirituality."

"Yes..." She realized he had prayed for her to come back to him. He turned away from the candle and began to tell Lillia the truth.

"Lillia, the reason why I lied was because I didn't want history to repeat itself."

"What do you mean?"

He took a deep breath and explained.

"The reason why I divorced my ex wife was because she was a gold digger. Her sole reason for our marriage was to get my money. Plus she wanted to be known for being with me. I couldn't stand doing interviews with her and lying about our relationship. After the divorce I wasn't sure I would ever meet another girl. Especially one who wasn't deceptive and self-centered."

He looked up at her and smiled.

"When I met you and after spending time with you I saw you were nothing like that. You were kind, thoughtful and beautiful, internally as well as externally. "

Lillia felt flesh tears form in her eyes.

"Listen, what I felt for you was real. I wanted to seduce you and make you feel like a princess, like Cinderella."

He reached over and dried her tears.

"My only wish is that you can forgive me."

He was about to head to use the bathroom but she caught his arm.

"Pierre, I... I do want to see you again."

He could see that the pass few days gave her time to think.

"I'm happy that you didn't immediately give up on us. I wouldn't know what I would've done had you left me."

"You don't mean that."

"Lillia, I DO mean it. Ever since the day we met, I HAVEN'T stopped thinking of you."

She knew it was time she confessed something also.

"When we met I didn't trust you at first."

"It's understandable."

She became uneasy afterwards.

"Plus I would have dreams and fantasies about you seducing and making love to me."

He laughed.

"I shouldn't have said that."

"No Lillia, it's okay. I sometimes had dreams and fantasies of you as well."

Lillia then started to laugh.

Throughout the rest of the day they stayed chatting until Pierre checked out of his room. They went to the gift shop downstairs and bought her parents a few presents as he suggested days earlier.

Neither of them could have imagined what the day would have been like had they not seen each other.