Chapter 6 - Wait..What?

After another day of deep misery, I wade through masses of busy students in search of an exit. We were allowed to leave school early because of, well, you know? The incident. At last my curious brown eyes had located the wooden double doors of the exit, it felt as though it were calling to me.  As I took a step closer to my freedom, something had interrupted my salvation.

A tight, forceful hand on my shoulder with a firm intent on keeping me from the exit. As I turned unknowingly to face my captor, my searching pupils had locked onto the worst possible outcome - also more commonly known as Christopher Waters. 

Once again he was hopefully searching my eyes, and more importantly, in my personal space. Although we were virtually the same height, he still seemed to look down on me, and I hated it, "What do you want?" I hissed, glaring into his bright blue irises, he appeared frantic, confused, almost as though he were expecting someone else, "No- Wait.. That's not right," He muttered under his breath, "I know what I saw..." Chris released my arm, thank God, that kinda hurt. He turned to look at the ground, and then once again up at me, his pale brows furrowed in confusion, he continued to whisper to himself, thinking out loud, like he was trying to convince himself of something. I gave him a moment before I got tired of waiting for him to respond, "Can I help you? Or are you gonna stop wasting my time?"

As his failure to respond to my questions began to urge me into leaving, I sighed deeply and began to turn around once again, "Jake! Wait. Please!" Pleaded Chris, "I need to talk to you..." I stopped and sighed again, really? Do I have to? "Alright then, so talk." I demanded, my tone flat and commanding, "Uhm.." Chris didn't appear to have any insight on a beginning and so with a swift movement I snatched up the long, white sleeve of his  red letterman jacket and dragged him into one of the nearby classrooms, in a shock he obeyed and followed me. The second the pale door had closed, Chris had begun to speak, "O-Okay so I should just start from the beginning..." He seemed frantic and nervous, "After you left the bathroom I followed you..." Smirking to myself, I teased under my breath, "Well that's not creepy at all." Ha, ha ha, I should win an award for sarcasm. He watched me with unease, I sense distaste and a lack of humour... You guys think I'm funny, right?  

"At the cafeteria, I saw you just before the windows exploded." He continued,

"Get to the point!" I was getting tired of his presence already,

"No, no. Wait! Please Jake just let me explain!" He pleaded, pathetic. I grabbed one of the metal chairs nearby and gestured for Chris to do the same, and so he followed. I guess I'll have to actually listen to his whole story, it's not like Arthur's gonna miss me if I'm a little late anyway...