Chapter 11 - Egregious

A horrifying white light finds its way into my bedroom through even whiter blinds. As I open my tired brown eyes, adjusting to the bright tormentor of my pupils, I realize the truest source of agony. Not the morning's blinding sunlight. Not the singeing memory of Arthur's gloating smile from yesterdays debate. But the very fact that today... Today is Friday.

You see, any other person my age would be thrilled! - "Yay, it's Friday! The only day of the week where EVERYONE gets an extra free period in school!" No. I'm not happy. Due to the student's of Jordan & Cooper Private school having an immaculate average attitude to learning score for the National Curriculum, our headmaster, Ms Loughlyn, awarded the students a free period on Fridays. What she doesn't know, is of the imbecillian teenage girls that enjoy the misery and torment of those who'd rather spend time alone and deep in thought.

6:02am. I plug in my phone to charge as I had neglected to do so last night, exhausted and drenched in sweat from overheating stress, I force myself out of the safety of my bedroom and head into the bathroom next door.

I enter the cold room hazily, the bright laminate floor reflecting a glossy yellow light from the silver wall light. Shivering against the mighty ice that is my freezing bodily fluids, I wander in further to gaze deeply into my reflection by which lay resting discomforted within a shining iron sink. Creak. The frightened pipes whined in a piercingly high pitched screech as they awakened from slumber, pouring out their treasure into the automatic tap while it hung its head low in shame. Tears. It cried beautifully into my hands and I splashed my face in an attempt to wash away my exhaustion.

I rise up to meet my eyes once again in the reflective surface of the light. I look terrible.

-------------------------------------------------------

Forcing my limbs to once again take action, I heave my heavy soul into the shower. Warmth. I sigh in relief as the water reaches out to my every nerve, bringing peace and dissolving all prior agitation.

[Insert 36 minutes of showering] - What? I'm not describing how I shower.. >:(

After drying myself with a dark grey towel and hanging it over the edge of the glass shower screen - ignoring the fact that the condensation may wet it even more, I head back next door, into my room.

-----------------------------------------------------