The Nightmares

I'm rereading this and it's literal shit 💀 I want to break my ankles it's that bad but I'd actually rather Sangwoo do it 🥰🥵🔪🏒

Gray's POV

"HELP! GRAY!"

"No... no... Please, don't hurt her..."

"GET OFF OF ME! NO, STOP! HEL-MMFH! MMFHHH!!!"

"Arf! Arf! RUFF!"

"Huh? What? Oh, it's just you, Bandit. 'You hungry boy?"

"Yip!"

"Let's get you some food then, buddy."

I got out of the bed and pulled on a t-shirt. Subconsciously, I looked over next to me before I got out. If it were three weeks ago, Carmen would've been there too, laughing as Bandit barked everywhere to wake us up. But she wasn't here. All I could think about and focus on was finding her. Multiple crimes had went by recently, and I could feel an ugly, rotten, pit inside me. I should be stopping them. But I couldn't do it without my partner in crime. After feeding Bandit, I went back to my computer and continued analyzing the note from that night. There was nothing else left to find, but I had to keep searching. Dr. Bellum's handwriting and fingerprints were the only clues I could find. No traces to a location, manufacturer of the paper; no anything. My phone began to ring, and I tiredly looked over to it. Probably just a spam caller. But there was a name to the number: Player. I hadn't seen or heard from him since Carmen's disappearance. Where had he gone, and why was he calling all of a sudden? Hesitantly, I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Gray? Is that you?"

"Player?"

"The one and only. Is Carmen there? She hasn't been picking up her phone."

"No... she's gone. Dr. Bellum took her, last Christmas."

"What? Oh my god, Gray, I'm so sorry. I can imagine how it must feel. But did you say Dr. Bellum?"

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"I've been keeping up with the recent crimes and may have put a couple trackers down for them to pick up based on their crime patterns. So I might be able to pinpoint their location..."

Player furiously typed away, merging the data together. A wave of joy and relief surged through me.

"What? You've got to be kidding. If you know where V.I.L.E. currently is..."

"Then we can find Carmen. Almost got it... there we go! I'll forward the coordinates to you. It's an abandoned warehouse off the coast of Florida. Can they get any worse with their "secret hideouts"?"

"Oh my god Player! I can't thank you enough! I'm going there as soon as I can and I'll update you once I find them! You have no idea how much this means to me!"

"No problem, Gray. I care about her too. And trust me, I do know how much it means to you..."

"What'd you say? I didn't catch that last part."

"Oh, nothing. Just talking to myself! Alright, well, see you soon!"

"Alright, bye. Thank you again!"

I jumped out of my seat once I hung up. After all this searching, I could finally rescue Carmen. Everything was going to be alright.

A/N: HI!!!! I am SO sorry that it took me forever to write this! It's been 10 months almost 11 since the release of the final chapter of the first book! And yes, I know I promised the whole book all at once, but I'm literally writing this 15 minutes before swim practice on December 23rd. I plan to make the book 25-30 chapters, and will release 5 chapters on Christmas!
But first, let me say thanks to all my awesome followers! We reached 75! Ahhh!!!
Thanks to all of you guys for sticking with me! You know who you are; I just have no time to write down every username back and forth since I'm doing it on my phone. Also, thanks to my dog, Ginger, for helping me to interpret Bandit's words at the beginning!

You caught me I just wanted to show you a pic of my dog bc I luv her 🥰 she's almost 4 years old! And speaking of which, it's my birthday on December 29th! Not telling how old though 🙃

Anyways, I hope you all love this book! What's with Player? Will Gray save Carmen? THERE'S MORE TO COME!
Adios, weirdos!