Chapter 10

Aurora's pov

It was getting hard day by day to interact with my mate. I know it shouldn't happen but that's how it was for the two of us. In the letter my mom  said that a mate is the best thing to happen to you then why was this the case with me that my mate was not. Sometimes I just felt like packing my bags and going home to my pack but the one thing I was always taught was not to ignore my duties. So, here I was, this pack's luna.

One day I was just sitting on a bench looking at the lake when someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around to see Caleb. 'Mind if I sit beside you?' he asked. 'It's your pack, sit anywhere you want.' I said shrugging my shoulders.

He sat by my side without saying a word. It seemed like he was completely relaxed but I was not. 'You know...' He started saying, 'I am really thinking about what you said and I have decided to give the pack more training and also allow omegas and females as well. It is completely their choice but if they want to do it, they can.' He said and I simply nodded.

'I was an asshole right.' He suddenly said startling me. 'To you, the way I handled everything was wrong.' He said to me while looking at me.

'It's just that...' I said taking a deep breath, 'My past is something I don't really like to talk about. It just... It just...' I could not really find words to say what I wanted to.

'I am sorry about it. I really am.' He said once again. 'No, it's just that whatever you spoke that day, they were my deepest insecurities. You don't know what it's like, I had just turned eighteen and I was handed a huge stack of letter by my parents telling me that it was from my biological mother. It was a shock to me. My mother, I mean biological, did not shy away from anything while telling me about her past, her mistakes, how she met my father, everything. I was adopted, and what you told me that day, my pack only loving me out of pity just brought back questions in my mind and insecurities that I.... I tried to throw away. Because I know that my mom, dad and siblings love me, that uncle Alex and aunt Rose love me as well. They repeated told me that at that point of time but still.... And what you said about my father being a rogue... 'I could not hold it in anymore. Tears started flowing out of my eyes. Those memories, those thoughts in my mind came back in my mind.

I suddenly felt his hand on my shoulder and he said,'Aurora, that is not the case, please stop crying. I know that they loved you, a lot. Relations in a family are not made out of blood, they are made out of love. Please stop crying. I was stupid. Your parents are lovely aurora. Please don't think anything else, your dad was a hero. Aurora......... ' He continued saying wrapping his arms around me. I cried a lot on his shoulder. I hugged him back and let my tears flow down and wet his shirt.

Then I suddenly realized what we were doing. I put my hand on his chest and pushed him away a litlle bit and wiped my tears. 'How many times do I need to apologize to make you feel better?' He asked earnestly.

'It's okay. It's just that... These were my insecurities....' I said. 'Thats okay, everyone has their own insecurities, problems and the ghosts of their past.' He said in a comforting tone. 'Do you have as well?' I asked him. Ever since the day i came here I could see that he was hiding something, deep inside, even my wolf said that he had own share of problems and a past, I refused to believe it at first, but now I started seeing it. What was it about him? Why did he not want a mate? Our bond.

He did not answer and just looked away. It felt like he kinda avoided it. He just looked at me and for the first time smiled and said, 'It's almost dinner time now. We should go back. And wipe those tears away, the pack will hate to see you like that.' He said in a calm tone.

'And aurora', he said holding my hand 'You are a lovely, strong and lovable person. Remember that. And forget my words.' He said and walked away leaving me confused.

He was a bit complicated. But actually we both were. I took a deep breath and just decided to let destiny take its course. After all I did have a home to go back to if I wanted. But him.........
My mate who is not a bad person but doesn't want me or need me. Alpha Caleb. Or should I just call him Caleb like he asked me to? Uhhh!

Moon goddess please show me a direction. What was the deal with him?