Chapter 16

Caleb's pov

In the days that followed I started training hard with my pack. If Micah wanted to attack then I had to be ready for it. I was not going to let him hurt aurora.

After an extremely tiring day I was going back to my room when I saw the door of aurora's room wide open. She was sitting near the window looking out of it in deep thoughts. I don't know why but my feet automatically went towards the door and I knocked on it. She turned her head and said, 'Oh hey!' 'Can I come in?' I asked and she nodded with a faint smile on her face.

I walked towards the window and sat on the opposite end of it and looked at her. She was observing the moon intently. 'It is beautiful, isn't it?' I asked her and she nodded. 'My mom mentioned in her letters that she and my father live over there along with my parents and a childish part of me likes to believe that. It's like they are always watching over me.' she said. 'Fhnny part is, I believe it too.' I said chuckling while she just laughed.

She clutched onto something around her necklace and I saw it was the necklace given to her by her pack. 'You miss them?' I asked her. 'Your pack?' 'Sometimes?' she replied back. 'But I tell myself that I here now. The luna of this pack. There is a reason moon goddess sent me over here.' she said intently.

Her expression became a little bit tense. 'Worried about Micah?' I asked her. 'A little bit' she replied back. 'I wish I had never met him. This would have never happened. The danger to this pack.' she started saying.

'You know me and alpha alexander would not let anything happen to you. Besides that we know that you would not let anything happen to yourself. Come on, you are Aurora the warrior. You can kick anyone's ass!' I told her. She started laughing out loud at this.

'But right now' I continued saying, 'It's a little bit of a bigger..... Pack we have to face... Maybe.... So we are taking precautions.' I told her.

'You are saying this?' she asked me. 'I am an alpha. I need to have a vision and be optimistic.' I told her. 'And I know I have you to help me get through this. You and me will defeat Micah together. I know.' I said to her with a smile. 'Don't worry aurora. I am tired of seeing this face of yours and I know even the pack is.' I said to her. 'We will try our best.' I reassured her. She smiled at me. A genuine one this time. 'Thanks. I really needed to hear that.' she said to me. I got up to get out of the room. 'Good night' I said before turning around.

'Good night.' she replied back. I could feel a little bit of an ease in her voice than I had for the past few days. I had started to care for her so much nowadays. All I knew was that let Micah come, I was ready to rake him on and defeat him, I will try my best, for my pack and my mate, with her by my side.