4~ Comfort Crowd

Chemistry class was your least favorite class. You turned in every assignment late, crammed for every test, and yet, you're still somehow passing.

It may have been your least favorite, but it was also right before lunch. Which meant you get to see (b/f/n), which is great because she doesn't have any classes with you this year.

You listen to the drone of Mrs. Clay as she talks about velocity or something.

You don't care.

Conan's voice filters through your headphones as you anxiously tap your pencil on your desk to the beat of the song. The bell startled you out of your mini trance.

Not wanting to get crammed in the overbearing, sweaty hallways, you sling your bag over your shoulder and head straight to the lunch room. Blurs of gray swish past your vision in the hall, as people laugh and talk on.

No one knows today you are a year older. The universe doesn't celebrate your mere existence, and you feel small in the midst of the gray. But you decide that's okay with you, it's almost comforting. Blending in is almost something your used to, causing you to wonder, if I could see in color, would I still be gray?

The doors cave to your touch as you speed into the cafeteria. You see the back of (b/f/n)'s head at your table in the center of the lunch room. She's pretty popular, so for her sake you endure being the center of attention for your lunch period, it's worth it.

The chair screeches as you pull it out from the table, you slightly shudder. Your met with (b/f/n)'s eyes, and a knowing smile.

"Oh God (b/f/n), don't do it".

She smiles more.

"(B/f/n)"

Silence.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU-" she began.

"Damn it".

After she was finished embarrassing the heck out of you, your face splotchy with blush, and your hoodie strings pulled tightly around your nose. She remained standing.

"(Y/f/n) (Y/l/n)". Here we go. You look up at her fearing the worst as a hundred pairs of gray eyes focus on you from all parts of the room. "It is with great pleasure, that I bestow upon you, the most legendary of birthday gifts", she spoke heroically in a (terrible) British accent.

She reached into her pocket, pulling out a small, metallic box. Light bounced off of it and it hit your eyes.

"Really went all out there, you got me a box!" You giggled at (b/f/n), pulling her strings a bit. A few laughs erupted from the now completely quiet and, for some dumb reason, completely invested room.

"Ughhhh, Just open it (y/n)!" She bounced excitedly.

"Okay, okay"

Your fingers quickly grazed over the pretty packaging, and you began to tilt up the top. There was a single piece of paper inside. It read:

"Conan Gray"

Still looking at the paper, you chuckled, beginning to reply.

"Ha ha, that's very funny (b/f/n)-"

You looked up to (b/f/n), about to finish your remark when you saw her pull two more slips of paper out of her pocket.

You couldn't breath. She couldn't have. There's no way she would.

"Oh my God. Oh my GOD" she smiled.

"(B/f/n) I frikkin love you!" You shouted, throwing your arms around her torso. You begin shaking, and you forget about everyone else in the room that's looking at you now, and clapping. You're so shocked you don't even realize how wet your face has become.

She hugs you back, one hand resting on your shoulders, the other holding two tickets to see Conan Gray.

•••

In Living Color; a scientific guide to soulmates  and how our bodies react to them
by Dr. Mary Z. Hausen

Chapter 4: "Physical Attributes of a Soulmate"

Contrary to popular belief, "soulmates" do not always look similar to each other. While it isn't improbable that a "soulmate" could look like the other, in most cases, they do not. This is simply because the connection between the two is purely between their body structures and systems, not their outward appearance. The event that a "soulmate" would look like the other is purely coincidental. There is no race, nor gender that separates the scientific phenomenon.

A/n:
Guys, #1 in #ConanGray?? 200 reads? I love y'all. 😌💗💞