10~ A Little More Confidence

"Looks like someone's not as confident as they were when they walked out".

"Alright Conan, don't rub it in", you mumbled, actually quite embarrassed by the fact that you had to come back to the bus. Internally, you were thankful, but the fact that Conan was all cocky now was dreadful. You're pretty competitive, when your not feeling shy.

As soon as you saw the text from (b/f/n), you knew you'd have to suck it up an go back to the bus. You were hours from home, with no way to get there. What you couldn't believe most, though, is that (b/f/n) really left you to be alone with Cone. Sure this soulmate thing is big, but usually she's the protective friend. The whole thing was crazy.

"Oh come on, what do you expect, how can I not?"

"Just not" you retorted.

"Grammar"

"Oh no, you're not one of those, are you?"

"I believe it's spelled 'you're'"

"CONAN IM TALKING TO YOU, NOT TEXTING"

"Okay okay" he giggles, while you try (but fail) to hold back a smile.

Soon your both giggling. A lot. His laughs are soft and light, almost airy. You feel like your high listening to them. His laugh is just about intoxicating you to laugh as well. Unbeknownst to you, Conan's thoughts followed yours similarly, listening and eagerly gathering the little hiccups in your laugh, and the way it echoed joyfully as it hung in the air between you two. You're both swept up in each other, when you hear what sounds like someone clearing their throat.

"So, you're the soulmate, huh?" A gorgeous girl with blonde, almost white hair spoke gently. Something sounded off in her voice.

"I'm sorry, were you two like, you know toge-"

"NO! Aha, God, no" she nearly choked out with a laugh.  "Honey, I'm as queer as a three dollar bill".

Out of the corner of your eye you can see Conan put his face in hands, presumably cringing at the girl's choice of words.

You let out a small laugh, wether it be at Conan or the girl's words, you're not sure. "I'm sorry, I just thought since you sounded disappointed that" you trailed off, not exactly sure what you thought, or how you planned to finish that sentence. You scratched your arm awkwardly, and peaked up at her to see if she understood what you meant, even though you didn't really even understand what you meant. She smiled kindly.

"I'm just a little protective is all, Cone boy here means a lot to me. I'm Christine, by the way" she reaches out her hand, and you take it in yours. It's small, and soft.

"I'm (Y/N)"

A/N: Sorry this is short, I'm going to write another one but I needed the bridge of how you got into the bus first, since the last chapter didn't further the story, just have Cone's perspective ❤️ also, no Mary Z "in living color" at the end of this one, since I'm going to write a bigger chapter, call this a filler, if you will.