9~ Ain't it Funny, Honey?

A/N: You've probably already caught onto this by now, but full sentences in italics are the character who is speaking's thoughts.

<Conan's Point of View>

"Just cause I'm your fan, doesn't mean I'll fall over my feet for you".

Holy shit. Holy. Shit. HolyshitholyshitShitShitShIT.

Conan could hardly fathom what he was hearing. Yeah, sure, he knew they were acting all sexy and hard to get and stuff, but, no one has EVER said that to him before. People usually just suck up to him because of his career, even people he's taken interest in, which is one of the many reasons he hasn't been in a proper relationship. That, and it just hasn't really been on his radar. Sure, he wants love, but he's always been an insanely hard worker. He just couldn't really be bothered with that sort of thing. Relationships are for the weak, anyway. The kind of people who sit around all day and read romance books. No, that could never be Conan.

But now, everything just like, switched. It's like his mind lit up with thousands of Christmas lights in wonderful arrays of color that only him and this girl could see. It was a wonderful feeling, really. Still, he's got so much left to learn about this girl. I mean she could be a killer, unlikely, but you never know!

God Conan, you're being dramatic. Calm yourself. Let yourself feel good for once!

The boy needed to respond, fast, he had to have the upper hand here. Fuck, FUCK, it's been too long. Keep a straight face Conan, she'll never know you're clueless. He had to be ahead of the game. He said the first thing that came to mind.

"If we're gonna resist eachother, I'm gonna win".

Holy crap, did I just say that? That's like, stage Conan personified? I'm never this confident... or flirty.

The conversation flowed in a similar way, until Miss Soulmate slipped off the bed and started walking her way out of the bus.

Cute ass, what a cutie.

They were at an equal playing field. Conan set the game rules, and she was starting the game by leaving. Everything was even, until Conan spoke up.

"Wait, I still don't have your name!"

Damn it! Me and my simp ass. She's just so adorable! Whyyy, I was doing so goood.

"Way ahead of you, check your pillow". She said with a sly smile pointed at the singer. With a small flutter of her eyelashes, she turned around and slowly and confidently walked off the bus. She knew she was winning already, and she felt good about it, too. It practically radiated off of her. He knew he had to do something that would catch her off guard.

He leaned back, so as not to seem so eager to find whatever she'd left for him, but as soon as she left, he went straight to his pillow. His pillow? What is that even supposed to mean? Conan began rummaging around his pillow, when he swiftly lifted it into the air. Underneath laid a small, folded piece of paper, each of the edges lined up perfectly.

She must be a perfectionist like me.

He handled the note with care, gently taking the paper edge between his fingertips, and opened the front fold. The note contained her name, 'soulmate', and her number, and a cute but quaint little heart drawn next to it.

Damn, she's good. It's almost like she knew I'd ask-

Conan's thoughts were cut off by a knock on the door of the bus. Confused, he got up and started towards the door to see who was knocking. Maybe one of his band mates, done packing their instruments onto the conjoint trailer, or something.

He reached his hand out, and swung the door inside the bus. The sight in front of him was one he did not expect to see.

It was (Y/n), face bright red, and eyes downcast. She fiddled with her hands, and in a grumble, she muttered, "uhm... (b/f/n) left without me, I just got the text now. I um. It's late, and I- I have nowhere to go. Can I" , she paused, mumbling a curse word under her breath and a few other incoherent words, "can I come in?"

She slowly raised her eyes to meet Conan's, his eyes holding an amused smile. He was so glad he could see in color now, cause the beam of her cheeks at this moment was priceless. He could tell every trace of that confident power move she just made by doing that little strut off his tour bus was gone. The ball's back in Conan's court, now all he has to do is take his shot.

"Sure, sweetheart, come on in"

Looks like I didn't have to do much at all.

In Living Color; a scientific guide to soulmates  and how our bodies react to them
by Dr. Mary Z. Hausen

Chapter 9: "The Possibilities of Medicine"

I mentioned in the last chapter of my research that the soulmate phenomenon has the potential to drastically treat anxiety and other social disorders that tend to have elusive cures. With the complexity of a soulmate, and the confidence gained when around them, a medicine could, in theory, be created to remove that fear without one's soulmate present. Of course, in order to do this, the subject must have already located their soulmate, in order to collect their DNA to be used as medicine. My team of scientists and I have tried to use our own DNA to treat ourselves, and likewise on test subjects, but no effect has taken place. In hindsight, you would think that if a soulmate has an identical body to yours, your DNA would suffice as the same healing agent that the soulmate provides physically and mentally, but that is not so. For some, at the moment, unexplainable reasoning, the soulmate's DNA is the only working agent as a cure to things of the other soulmate. Despite our efforts, we can not recreate this enigma that is the soulmate.

A/N: Hey Y'all! Since you guys liked last chapter so much, I thought I'd give you Conan's point of view as a little added extra since I love y'all. I also thought it would be a cute little bridge to the next chapter I have planned. Conan is such a fun character to write, he's so silly and nervous, and even though he acts all tough he totally still gets anxious. I thought he probably overthinks ALOT, so that's why there's so much italics, a cute little flare I thought I'd try out. I hope y'all liked it! See ya soon 💞❤️