8~ It Could Work for You and Me

You laid, eyes on the ceiling on Conan's bunk on his tour bus, tracing the patterns in the plaster with your eyes. It's been about an hour and thirty minutes since the encounter, and still, nothing feels real to you. You've always been a sensitive person sensually. Lights would hurt your eyes easily, loud noises gave you minor headaches, and temperatures that you weren't used to felt like a much larger change then necessary. After your kiss, all of this was heightened, and your head was whirring. Sure, the pain in your stomach had dispersed, and you were in momentary complete bliss, but afterwards everything was bothering you. It felt just like a really bad high. You told (b/f/n) what happened, and then you talked to Charlie and asked if there was anywhere you could lay down until Conan was finished. And now, here you are. In Conan's bed, what?

Your face flushed at the thought of what just went down, and now you're in his bunk? You know it means nothing, and this is all just circumstantial, but you can't help but to feel a little giddy. You felt just like a middle school girl with a crush, all nervous. But to be honest, you haven't felt this excited to get to know someone in a long time, so you weren't complaining.

Your daydreams were interrupted by the tick of the bus's locks. Footsteps tapped on the ground, and seemingly stopped as they reached the bunk you were in. You don't know why, but you held your breath.

"Hey soulmate" Conan peaked his head into the bunk. "I'll never get used to saying that".

"Hey Conan" you smiled, pulling the blanket up to your chin, a habit you had developed, some form of comfort.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better"

A silence feel over the room, and you didn't know how to get rid of it. All these years of watching his videos, and feeling like he was the closest thing to you you had, and you still felt like he was a stranger. Sure, you may know everything that he puts out on the internet, but a person has so many more mysteries inside of them, so many more chapters to read.
And I want to read all of them.

You felt silly thinking this, thinking that it sounded to cliche. But it's true. The boy in front of you was silent, nervously twittering his fingers. His eyes looked down and he, too, seemed to be bouncing around in his head for something to say. The boy in front of you was a mystery.

You couldn't say what made you do it, but something about the way his hair fell in front of his soft eyes made you want to touch it. You sat up slightly in the bunk, and you reached your hand up to meet his hair, taking the pieces in front into your fingertips.

Conan's eyes darted quickly to yours, and his body tensed at your touch. A few stray sparks ran through your fingertips. A few nerves that hadn't connected yet. You seemed to remember yourself, questioning the out of character surge of confidence you just had.

"I, I'm sorry, is this, um, not okay? I, I can stop" you said, breathily, the air around you feeling as if it was pressing in on you. For some reason at any thought of intimacy with him, the world suddenly feels smaller to me.

"No!" He said in a slightly whine-y tone. "I, I mean, yeah, yeah it's okay. It feels... nice". His eyes cast down as a real smile dawned his face, which was flushed with a red hue.

You took the green light from Cone and continued to move your hand. With it, you gently ran your fingers through the top of his scalp, collecting the pieces that fell in front of his eyes, and pushing them back into his mass of hair when you ran your fingers through. In the act you had brought your other hand to meet his face, which you also touched his soft hair with. His face fell gently into the palm of your hand. You weren't sure if this was too close for comfort, since you just met, even if it was dramatic, but it felt right, and by the looks of it, it felt right for Conan too.