Chapter 2

Chapter 2

In my head, I envisioned this moment to be more dramatic. I pictured myself stepping through the door and all three of my roommates would be there all waiting for me. This was obviously a stretch, but I was surprised when I walked in to find it completely empty.

I smile to myself; this actually makes me very happy because now I don't have to come face to face with a bunch of strangers. Part of me doesn't believe I can handle everything at once. Maybe this is the world telling me to take things slow.

It's a lot more spacious in here than I imagined. Right when you walk in, there's a living area with burgundy and grey couches and brown carpeting. To the left is the small kitchen area. A decent sized fridge, a shitty looking microwave and surprising a dish washer. There's also a small table in the middle of it.

I see an Xbox set up at the television already and some bags of chips and ramen on the counter, telling me that my roommates have already settled in. Or, at least one of them has.

I don't spend too much looking around, instead I turn left down the short hallway. On the right side of the hallway are two rooms. One says "A" on the door and the other says "B". I lug my belongings to the front of my room before I twist my key into the lock.

The room isn't too small, but it will definitely take a while getting used to sharing a space like this with someone. Both beds are up against opposite walls. Directly across from the door are two desks next to each other underneath a square window. At the end of each bed is a closet and in the corner between the closets and the desks are small bookshelves. It's kind of weird to see a room look so identical on each side.

It is obvious right away that the left side of the room has already been picked. A dark brown comforter covers the bed and posters of people skateboarding and playing guitar clad the walls. There's even a poster of the Junior American team when they won a few years ago. He's a hockey fan? Maybe this won't be so bad.

I carry my things inside my room and begin to pull things out right away. I start with my bedding then I move onto pillows. I hang some Odd Future and Tyler, the Creator posters. I look down at the picture of me and Trina that she gave me to hang up. It wouldn't really look good on the wall, but I'll feel bad if I don't hang it. So, with a sigh, I do.

I smile softly at the picture. She really is beautiful.

It doesn't take me long to put everything in place. I only have a few books because I tried to order as much of them as I could on Amazon, but unfortunately, I couldn't find all of them.

I start to take them out of my backpack when I voice behind me says, "Hey!" really loud.

I jump, startled and turn around to see a tall girl standing in my door.

"Hey," I say back, smiling. She's pretty, I guess. Tall with curly brown hair, dark skin and a small chin.

"I'm Erika, I'll be staying in room A along with Melanie." She says as she walks in. I watch her as her eyes travel around the room, probably trying to learn as much about me and my roommate by our things. I can tell that she's never been in here yet.

"Atlas," I say, "It's nice to meet you."

"Atlas, huh? Interesting name. I bet geography class was hell for you in high school." She says with a giggle and I chuckle.

"Oh, you have no clue. I mean, it was a boring class, so anything helped make it more exciting." I tell her as I take a seat on my bed.