Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The three of us are met with dark eyes, dark hair and puzzled look.

"Uh, hey," he says,

I do a double take, now realizing this is the guy I had just ran into -literally ran into- at the bookstore.

"Oh my god! Hi!" Mel says, running up to him. He looks down at her, momentarily surprised that she has just sprinted across the room.

"Melanie, you're scaring him already." Erika says, rolling her eyes. This causes me to laugh but I don't say anything yet.

"No, she's good." He says, surprising us by his own chuckles.

"Hey man," I say, walking up to him to shake up.

"Gonna knock into me again?" He jokes and I laugh, catching his eyes. I'm rather startled to see how deep his eyes are. They look like pools of dark chocolate with pieces of gold floating in them.

"We all know it was you who ran into me," I joke, and he rolls his eyes with a smile. Damn, this guy has really nice teeth.

"Anyways," Melanie starts and I internally groan. "I'm Melanie, that's Erika and that's Atlas."

"Atlas, huh?" He looks at me. "For a name so geologically related, you sure don't know where you're going most of the time."

This causes me to laugh but everyone else is confused.

"I look down once while walking and this is my punishment?" I laugh.

"I'm Finn," He smiles, and I smile back at him. Mel walks up to him and looks up at him with a smile. He awkwardly smiles and I can tell she's already making him uncomfortable. At least I'm not the only one.

"We're getting pizza," She says.

"Pizza is good," He nods, and I bite my lip to stop from laughing.

"Stop being so weird, Mel." Erika groans, pretending to bury her face in one of the couch pillows.

"I just want to know if he wants to join us," She giggles. Giggles.

"Sounds good to me," Finn says, "Just let me put my stuff in my room." He nods to books in his hands.

"Another one who won't get bags? We got two vsco boys in our dorms?" Erika makes fun and I laugh.

"Trying to be thoughtful about plastic use isn't being a 'vsco boy,'- whatever that means." I scoff.

"Exactly!" Finn agrees and we share another smile.

"Whatever," Erika says with a laugh. "I wanna leave in fifteen. It's our first night in New York, change out of your sweatpants. Men."

Finn and I laugh and walk to our room together. As he walks in, he scans the room, absorbing all the new aspects I've brought into it.

He nods to my music posters, "Tyler is bomb,"

"At least we can play music out loud if we're into the same stuff," I comment.

"For sure man," He says, walking to his desk and taking his books out. He starts to put them on his shelve. I watch as he makes sure each class has it's own shelve.

"Smart," I laugh, and he smiles at me.

"It's less for organization purposes and more for easy access when I'm half awake in the morning," He explains, now watching to his closet to pull out a white t-shirt and a dark green flannel.