Chapter 16

Chapter 16

My head is pounding. I roll over and bury my face into my pillow with my eyes squeezed shut. I look over to my alarm clock to see that it's nearly twelve in the afternoon already.

I'm so glad that I called into work today, I knew my hungover ass would not be able to work an eight hour today. They're probably pissed because I'm sure Marleigh must have called in as well.

I'm glad I threw up last night or else I'd probably be best friends with the toilet right now.

I can hear voices from the common room. I strain my ears to listen but I only hear Melanie and Erika. I frown. No Finn still?

I've been in and out of sleep since around seven in the morning. Everytime I wake up, I scan my room for any signs that Finn has been back. He hasn't. Not that I've noticed at least.

Walking over to my dresser, I pull out a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, quickly throwing them on before walking out into the common room. The girls sit on the couch, munching on cereal and talking to each other quietly.

"Hey party boy," Erika remarks with a teasing grin. I roll my eyes and walk over to the kitchen, my head still pounding.

"Very funny," I say, grabbing a glass of water. "I'm glad some of us are having a good morning."

"Well, some of us don't suck at shot roulette," Mel jokes and I begin chugging a glass of water.

"That was definitely the start of my downfall," I admit with a sheepish grin.

"Honey, your whole night was a downfall," Erika says and Mel bursts into laughter. I turn on the stove and take some vegetarian bacon from the fridge. I bought it specially for a morning like this, but I have expected Finn to be here to make it for as well.

"I don't know how you eat that shit," Mel scoffs at my fake bacon and I just roll my eyes once again.

"When you know it's not a dead animal, it's pretty easy to eat." I rebuttal. The girls laugh but don't say anything more.

I want to ask if they've seen Finn this morning but I'm way too nervous to. Erika heard me drunkenly spew god knows what about Finn. I know I mentioned him but I can't remember exactly what I said.

Suddenly, my heart drops to the bottom of my stomach. Finn and I kissed last night. I can feel tingles crawl through my body just thinking about his lips on mine and his hands in my hair. Why did I get scared and push him away? I literally used a gay slur. My head falls into my hands with a heavy sigh.

"You okay, Atlas?" Mel asks gingerly from the couch, I didn't even realize that the girls were watching me.

"Yeah, it's just my head." I lie. I mean, no doubt about the fact that my head feels like a damn thunderstorm, but I could care less about that. My heart hurts far worse.

"Take an advil from the cupboard," Erika gestures to her cupboard.

"Are you sure?" I ask, feeling bad taking her stuff.

"Of course honey," She says with a smile. A matching and grateful smile spreads across my face as I grab the pills.

My bacon, eggs and toast finish quickly and I eat them just as quickly. I attempted to force the girls to try a few pieces but they wouldn't. I wrapped the rest of the leftover bacon up and left it in Finn's corner of the fridge so he can eat it when he gets home.

I'm sitting on the couch with the girls when my phone begins to ring. My heart skips a beat, thinking that it's Finn but I frown when I see Trina's name across the screen. Oh shit.