Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Oh this is precious," Finn snickers from besides me.

"You know Marleigh," I turn to the girl who has snaked her hand around my arm. "You look absolutely stunning tonight."

I watch as redness trails up Brian's face as anger consumes him. His vivid eyes dart from Marleigh to me and then back to Marleigh.

"Okay, shut up!" Brian roars and grabs his sister by the hand. "Marleigh, don't talk to him."

Marleigh rolls her eyes and rips away from her brother's tight grasp. "I work with him, I can't not talk to him."

"Well, you're going to try your best." Brian snatches the poor girl's hand once again and pulls her away from me and up the stairs. She gives me a frown as she's taken away and I only shrug with a smile.

"Sorry, Atlas!" Marleigh calls out behind her.

"I knew she looked familiar, I couldn't put a finger on it." Finn says next to me.

"You know what, so did I." I snort and finish my cup of jungle juice. "Let's get more of this and see what's going on tonight."

Finn agrees with a smile and a nod. Soon enough, the girls have wandered off to only god knows where and Finn and I are playing shot roulette with a few guys from the pick up team.

There's six shots of tequila on the table, two of them have water in them and four of them have actual tequila in them.

Todd and I have agreed to take turns to choose which glass we're going to take. Todd goes first, bringing the tiny solo cup to his lips with an evil grin.

"Water?" I ask with a groan and he drinks the contents within the cup with a smile.

"You know it," He winks. "It's your turn, Jones."

I glance over at Finn and he just shakes his head at me with a small smile. I know he's enjoying my anogany.

I choose the cup closer to me and sniff it a bit. My nose wrinkles as I look up at the other boys with pleading eyes.

"You got this man!" Garrett, our goalie, slurs. I roll my eyes at him before throwing back the cup and letting the firey liquid fall down my throat.

"Woah," I scrunch up my face in disgust. I don't think I've ever had tequila. I'm used to vodka and rum because that's what was always available at the parties I went to in high school. I'm definitely not used to whatever crap this is supposed to be.

"My turn," Todd says, taking another cup off of the table. He wears the same evil grin that he's had on since the start of the game. He throws the cup back with confidence.

"Are you kidding me?" I sigh as I watch his reaction closely. It was definitely water.

I end up with two more tequila shots while Todd only had one. He got both of the waters.

I'm beginning to feel the liquor now. The jungle juice and the three shots swirl in my stomach, creating a firey knot that gets progressively worse every time I even glance at Finn.

"You're not done Jones!" Garrett cheers me on as he hands me a shot of something clear, most likely vodka.

"Oh man," I sigh as I tip the shot back with no regret.

"You too, Finn!" Garrett says, pushing another shot towards Finn. Finn and I lock eyes as he tips his own drink back. I can't help the smile as I watch his dark eyes light up.