Chapter 20

part. 1

Y/N POV

This was so exciting! I was currently with Camila on our way to the romantic evening I had planned for us. To be honest, I could have planned this night myself, but I wanted everything to be perfect. I know my girlfriend like the palm of my hand, so I know she's a sucker for anything romantic and that's exactly what I wanted to give her. She and her bandmates have been working nonstop on this tour so anything that I could do to make her smile was absolutely going to happen.

The smile on my face was permanent but was dropping at the sight to my left.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the sudden mood change Camila had. She was quiet since we had left the venue and didn't make a lot of eye contact with me.

"Cam?", I whispered.

She removed herself from my shoulder where she had her head on. She looked almost like... guilty.

"Hmm?"

"Is everything okay? You've been kind of quiet."

She bit the inside of her cheeks and looked to be deep in thought. I stared deep in her eyes, trying to figure what she wanted to say.

As if she knew what I was doing, she leaned into me and pressed a reassuring kiss to my cheek. Camila placed her head back on my shoulder and snuggled into my side, playing with my hand.

I remained confused at how little socializing she was doing right now.

I think something is wrong.

------

Our SUV came to a stop at the beach. Marcus, my party planner, went for a romantic movie theme and had suggested since we were in an island known for its beautiful beaches and white sand, why not have an intimate dinner illuminated by the glowing sunset?

I guess this guy really is worth the money...

I stepped out of the backseat and held my hand out for Camila. She timidly took it and remained with her head down, hiding her face from me.

Okay, this is starting to bother me.

I placed a feather like kiss to the side of her temple and gently tugged her toward me.

One thing I know about Camila, is that she doesn't like to open up. She thinks that she can handle anything life throws at her. While that may be true, she seems to forget that she doesn't have to. My girl has a loving family, caring friends, and in me... she has a protector.

Having said that, what the hell happened in the last hour that made her change her giddy self to a complete 180? Was she tired? Hungry? Did I do something?

The last thing I remember was that she left with Dinah to go get dressed and...

"Wow."

I broke away from my train of thought when the only voice I wanted to hear spoke up.