Chapter 3

⚠️ WARNING! ⚠️: Self-harm, negative thoughts

Deceit panicked. Virgil was there. Why was he here?! WHY WAS HE HERE!?! Virgil sensesd the tension rise as he entered.
          "Chill." Virgil said. "I can sense your anxiety. That's actually why I came in here." Deceit froze. Virgil came here because of his anxiety?
"Y-you what?" He cursed himself for stuttering. Virgil raised an eyebrow at this but explained
"I can sense your anxiety. I came here because I sensed anxiety and I didn't know who it was from." Virgil explained. "So, what got ya so worked up?" Virgil asked, out of pure curiosity.
           Deceit mumbled something that Virgil couldn't catch. "What?" Virgil asked. Deceit sighed.
           "I met a new dark side." Deceit said. Virgil was confused. A new dark side? There was only them 3... Or so he thought...
            "What did he represent?" Virgil asked out of curiosity. Deceit sighed as he lifted his head from staring at the floor.
            "Depression." Deceit said bluntly. "He represented depression. His name was Zane." Deceit stared at Virgil for a reaction. Virgil just stood there, frozen for a second. Depression? How did they not know about him?!
            "He said he had 'Connections' with you.." Deceit said, messing with his sleeve.
"Heck no!" Virgil responded, making Deceit flinch. "I didn't even know he existed"
                "Somehow he knows my name..." Deceit mumbled, staring at the ground as he continued to mess with his sleeve. This seemed to shock Virgil.
                 "Excuse me  W h A t?!" Virgil said. "I told no one! How did he figure out! Who told him?! Or did he figure out some other way?! Is this why you were anxious?!"
                 Deceit nodded his head, as he looked up at Virgil. He saw that the other had the same questions he did. Sadly, they didn't have any answers.
                 Virgil looked back at the time. "It's 3 A.M. Should probably go and get some sleep." Virgil said, looking towards the door.
"We all know that you're not going to sleep." Deceit flinched a little at telling the truth, but Virgil didn't seem to notice. Virgil just snickered. Deceit then thought for a moment. Wait, why did him telling Virgil not hurt? He was telling the truth! Or was he? Was the information that Zane had given to him fake?
"I'm just gonna go eat Flaming Hot Cheetos and drink unsweetened tea at the kitchen island like the insomniac I am." Virgil said. ((Anyone get that reference? owo))
"K." Deceit simply responded as the other left the room. That was..... weird. Hanging out with Virgil was..... weird. It seemed so unfamiliar to actually talk one on one with him, to not get looks of surprise and hatred in the others eyes. It all felt so far away... Had it really been that long? It's been two years since Virgil had left the dark sides and stepped into the light sides. Sure, at first they kinda didn't like him, but they eventually accepted him. They excepted him. Made him one of them.
That's what Deceit couldn't get over. Virgil is a light side now. No longer are the days of him being in the dark side of the mindscape. No longer are the days where they hung out. No longer the days where he was Virgil's father figure. Why did he still feel connected to Virgil, yet feel so distant with him? Why did he have to feel this way about Virgil?! WHY COULDN'T HE JUST LET HIM GO?! ....... Why couldn't he just let Virgil be happy.... be happy without him. Why did he have to hold on to his bond with Virgil? Why did he have to be so close to him? He should've known... He should've known not to get attached.... It was just a story that was meant to end with painful feelings.... Well, for him at least.....
Deceit wiped the tears he didn't even know where falling. He shouldn't still feel this way. It had been two years already. He should've gotten over this by now. But the way that he was happy in the light sides.... That he blossomed into a purple flower from the black bud he was with them.... That he seemed happier with those three... That he seemed more mentally stable with those three.... That he loved those three.... And hated them... He saw something glisten in the corner of his room. No. He promised not to. But, what good was that promise? No. He was clean for a month now, he couldn't ruin that. Well, a few cuts wouldn't hurt....
Deceit went to the corner of the room and picked up the blade, watching it glisten as the one light in the room reflected off of it. He pulled down his sleeve, which showed his scarred arm, littered in old cuts. He other arm was no different. Deceit started naming off things as he cut his arms. Things that he hated about himself, or things that he thought the others thought of him. Things that he hated about himself being his scales, his one yellow snake eye, his entire face in general. Things he thought the others thought of him was that he was disgusting, that he was the villain that had to be defeated, that they shouldn't care about him because why would they?
"And last but not least.... How worthless and useless I am..." Deceit made several cuts on both arms. He let the blood get on the carpet. Eh, he'd clean it later. He put the blade away and dabbed away some of the blood. Luckily, black fabric was easy to hide blood with. He pulled his sleeve back down, hiding what he just did. Incase anyone came in, since that seemed to be happening lately, he put something that was randomly on his floor on top of the blood stain, hiding it. He got back up onto his bed, staring at the ceiling for what seemed like the millionth time. He got lost in his thoughts as the clock turned from 3 A.M. to 7 A.M.

~~~~<Meanwhile, back at the ranch>~~~~

                  Virgil hung out on the counter in the kitchen. Yup, on the counter. He was literally sitting on top of it. Like a cat. Patton woke up at around 6 A.M., giggling at the display. Logan woke up next, questioning why Virgil was sitting on the counter. In response to this, Virgil knocked the cinnamon off the counter. Roman woke up last but not least, and he just laughed at Logan's face as he had to clean up the cinnamon, and Virgil sitting on the counter. Roman sat down on the couch, and Virgil saw this as his opportunity. He got on the top part of the couch and laid on Roman's head. Roman looked up in utter confusion as Virgil snickered.
Roman laughed a little until Virgil started messing with his hair. "Hey!" Roman said, trying to get Virgil's hands off his hair. Virgil just snickered. Messing with Princey was fun. Roman's hair was all messed up now.
"You look better now." Virgil said. Roman made what they dubbed as 'Offended Princey Noises™️'. Virgil laughed, falling off of Roman's head onto his lap. Both of them blushed for a split second before Roman pushed Virgil off his lap and onto the space next to him. Then someone came in, Virgil hissing until he realized who he was.
"What's up?" Remy said, sipping his Starbucks. Virgil just rolled his eyes. Logan seemed annoyed, while Patton was excited. Roman just smiled at him. Remy only ever came around to give Thomas sleep, which he was bad at. Remy would repeatedly either be doing something else, or be lost in the streets. Either way, Thomas got no sleep until Remy returned. Remy came over and sat on the couch.
"Oh! I have an idea!" Patton chimed. "We haven't had a movie night in a while, so since Remy's here, let's have one tonight!"
"Sounds fun." Remy sipped his coffee. "What kinda movies?"
"Disney movies of course!" Roman exclaimed. "What else would we watch?"
Remy snickered. "Should've known. I mean, you're gonna be there. What else would we watch, the entire Hamilton soundtrack in animatic version?"
Virgil snickered. "Jokes on you, he's watched that a million times."
"It's a good soundtrack! And good animatics." Roman said, crossing his arms.
"Sure Princey." Virgil smirked. The other loved Disney movies and musicals. Remy even knew that
"Oh!" Patton chimed in. "There's two people you need to meet tonight!"
"I'm down for that." Remy said, sipping his Starbucks. "Who am I meeting?"
                "Remus and Deceit!" Patton exclaimed, his voice practically dripping with enthusiasm.
"Hmm, never heard of them." Remy said, sipping the Starbucks once again. Somehow, he always had coffee. Anywhere, anytime. It was weird.
                "Oh, lemme tell Deceit!" Patton said, going to Deceit's door and knocking....