Chapter 5

Meanwhile with the light sides, Virgil was listening to Panic!At The Disco. He had his earbuds in and obviously didn't want to be disturbed. But, that want was pretty much impossible here. Roman had noticed what he was listening to.
               "So Panic!At the Everywhere's listening to Panic!At the Disco?" Roman said, snickering a little.
               "Shut up." Virgil replied, hoping to just get some peace. But, it's Roman. He knew he was never getting that from Sir Sings-A-Lot.
               "Come onnn!" Roman decided to make a reference to get Virgil's attention. "Give me envy, give me malice, give me your attention!" He said, poking Virgil's face. Virgil paused the music and took out his headphones, staring at Roman. Roman was confused, what'd he do?
"Did you just make a Panic!At The Disco reference from a 2005 album of theirs'?" Virgil asked while Roman realized his mistake. "You listen to Panic!At the Disco too" Virgil was in awe of his realization.
"That's not true!" Roman silently cursed himself. Why couldn't he have picked a reference from a P!AtD song that was still on the radio of something?!
"Oh really? Show me your Spotify." Virgil smirked. When Roman was silent with no response, Virgil got the evidence he needed. "Hey guys!!" Roman covered Virgil's mouth, looking at him like 'Don't you dare'. "You just gave me more proof." Virgil said, shoving off Roman's hand. Roman was annoyed and Virgil just snickered. Remus was on the ceiling fan again, and Logan was getting annoyed by it.
"Hey, where'd Dee go?" Remus asked. The others looked around, noticing that, yeah, Deceit wasn't here. Huh.
"I think he went back to the dark side of the mindscape." Patton replied. That made sense. He was probably just going to his room.
   "I should probably leave now then!" Remus said, getting down from the ceiling fan. Well, if you could call falling off it getting down. Remus proceeded to get up like it was nothing and make his way back to the dark side of the mindscape. The room was in awkward silence as they just stared at each other, not knowing what to do.
They all just agreed in silence to just go back to their respective rooms. Well, except for Remy, who wasn't technically a side, and therefore didn't have a room. He just proceeded to hang out in the living room, sipping the coffee he mysteriously always had with him.

~~~~<Meanwhile>~~~~

                Remus skipped his way on into the dark side of the mindscape ((God, how many times have I said mindscape in this story?)). He noticed a side in the shadows, and tilted his head.
               The side's eyes opened, revealing two, ice-cold, eyes, both slightly glowing in the dark of the shadows. Remus just stood there. Then decided to say 5 words.
               "Who da f*ck are you?" Remus asked. The other side just chuckled. He wasn't sure if he was crazy, or just laughing at what he just said. Whoever this was, Remus didn't know him. He wondered if Deceit had met him.
               "Let me introduce myself. I'm Zane, Thomas's depression." The guy said. Remus immediately knew this guy was a dark side. I mean, depression, obviously was a dark side in this sorting of light sides and dark sides.
               "Ok. I betcha know who I am. Remus, Thomas's creativity? Yeah anyways I was just going to see how Deceit's doing and probably annoy him to pieces. Laterrrrr~!" Remus said, happily skipping off before Zane could say a word. He could honestly care less about Zane's reaction, he just wanted to go see Dee, and pet his pet snake. Remus himself got to name him so he named him Ramen. It was a bright yellow snake after all.
               "Heyyyyyy Dee~!" Remus said as he entered the room. What he was greeted with was Deceit holding the Virgil plushie he had made close to his chest. "Awwwwwwww~!" Remus said seeing this. Deceit immediately put it down and hid his face in embarrassment. Remus giggled at this. "Still got a little crush on Virgie~?" Deceit immediately rejected the idea.
              "What?! No! The plushie's just soft ok!" Deceit defended. Remus just giggled once more
"Sureeeeee" Remus teased. Deceit just looked ready to push the other out his room. "Anywayssss, can I pet Ramen?" Remus said, eager to pet the yellow scales on the snake.
"No, I won't get her out." Deceit opened Ramen's tank and let her slither onto his arms, settling for being on his shoulders. Remus started petting the pet snake, Ramen enjoying the affection. Deceit pet Ramen too. After all, it was his snake. This went on for a little while until Deceit decided to put Ramen back into her tank. Remus was sad that he didn't get to pet the reptile anymore but didn't beg to pet her more.
             "Soooo when are ya gonna tell us all your name?" Remus asked. Deceit rolled his eyes.
            "It's totally gonna be revealed soon" Deceit lied. Remus pouted.
            "C'mooonnnnn!!! I wanna knowwww!" Remus complained. Deceit just sighed.
            "Why do you want to know my name so badly?" Deceit asked. He was genuinely curious. "It's not like it's anything cool" Deceit mentioned.
"I just wanna know!!!" Remus exclaimed. Remus was getting on Deceit's last nerve.
"I won't tell you eventually" Deceit replied. Remus seemed unsatisfied with this, but stopped annoying Deceit about it. "Now will you get out of my room?"
"Fiiiiiiiiine. You're no fun!" Remus said, leaving to go to his room. Deceit was relieved that he could now have his peace. He picked up the plushie and thought about it. He really did still have feelings for Virgil, didn't he? God, he hated feelings and emotions. They were unpredictable and hard to control. That's why he's like how he is now. He tried to control them. The only thing he did was hide them.
Thoughts were tied with emotions and in that same category. Repressing thoughts only made them come back stronger. He knew that very well. They were also easy to get lost in. In fact, that's what was going on right now! He was just getting lost in his thoughts again.
Deceit was greeted with the familiar sight of the ceiling. How did he get here again? Oh yeah. Virgil. Feelings. The painful thing to him was that Virgil was most likely not going to reciprocate the feelings. Virgil seemed to be more of a friend to Deceit than a boyfriend. Plus, he was almost certain that Virgil had a crush on Roman. It seemed like his life was just set up for disappointment. That's what he got right? For being a dark side. For being Deceit. For lying. For lying about everything. For lying about what was around him. For lying about his intentions. For lying about himself.
He didn't know what he was doing anymore. Why he was doing anything. What was the point of being the Villain? Why didn't he just be honest? Just help Thomas? Actually be nice to the others? Not come off as a Disney villain with every step he took? Just be helpful. What was the point of his existence unless he helped Thomas? That's what he was created for, right? But wasn't he already labeled as bad? Wouldn't they just not listen to him because of that? He could at least try though, right?
          That was his plan. Actually be helpful in the next episode. He'd try to prove he could be trusted. Keyword is try. He didn't know how they would react. He was scared of how they would react. He didn't want to be rejected. He knew he did this to himself though. He was the one who made choices that inevitably led to this mess of an existence he became. This was why he was broken. He only had himself to blame. Only himself to blame.

•••

•••

••- Knocking.
He heard knocking

He tried to signify who it was. Not Remus. Not Zane. Not Patton. The knock sounded familiar. He couldn't place it. It was like an old melody that you remember from your childhood. It is familiar, but you can't remember all of it. You can't place your finger on it. That's when he realized.

•••

That's why it seemed so familiar. It was one he'd been listening to for years. And that's what he had realized as he opened the door.

   ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I'm gonna change Deceit's name in this story to Janus. Sorry to anyone who liked the old name