Chapter 40: Surprise, Surprise part 1

Chapter 40: Surprise, Surprise Part 1

"You're - You're... You're Pregnant!"

Azusa felt as if his life was crumbling down on him. He turned on his heel with his head lowered, walked over to the nearest wall and banged his forehead against it, repeatedly.

Izumi frowned with concern at him. She had no intentions on hurting Azusa once revealing the news that she was expecting. The blue-haired vampire reached out to place a hand on his shoulder but was stopped midway. "Azusa, I'm sorry."

"Izumi! Please, find Shu!" Reina urged, as another sharp contraction applied more pressure on her womb. "You can patch up things with Azusa later."

The vampire bride nodded in Reina's direct before she sprinted out the doorway, leaving Azusa and Reina alone in the room together.

"Azusa," the brunette painfully called out to him.

He glanced over at Reina with a deadpan expression. "..."

"I know you aren't in the best mood right now but can you please... please give me your hand. I can't withstand the pain. It's like this baby is trying to rip its way out of my body.

Azusa plopped down beside Reina on her bed and gently gripped her hand in his to calm her nerves. "It's... a boy..."

Hearing these words fall from his lips, Reina blinked at him in awestruck. "How do you know?"

"Sometimes... vampires are gifted... I'm not a pure blood like Kanato or Shu... this gift was something I was with... after becoming a vampire..." He explained.

"Ow!" Reina jolted in pain, while tightly clenching Azusa's hand. "Well, you have a wonderful gift Azusa-kun." She smiled warmly, yet painfully at him. "Do me a favor... don't tell Shu the sex of the baby. I want it to stay a surprise until after our son is born."

"As you wish..." said Azusa. He nodded with a fainted smile plastered on his child-like face and squeezed her hand firmly.

-Back at the wedding-

"Is it me, or does it seem like this wedding turned into a total bore," asked Kyoyo.

Laito smirked at her out the corner of his eye before scooting his chair closer to his lady's side. "Great minds do think alike, love-kitten," he whispered softly near her ear. "Want to ditch this boring wedding and continue where we left off earlier?"

The raven-haired girl swiftly glanced at him in shock. In the process of doing this, some of her hair flickered in his face causing him to shut his eyes. "Are you suggesting I ditch both my friend's wedding to screw my boyfriend's brains out?!"

The redhead blinked at her with a puzzled expression, despite the fainted smirk peeking at her at the corner of his mouth. With Kyoyo, he couldn't figure out if she was mad at him for making this suggesting or not. Either way, he was only teasing her as always. Although, it didn't seem like a bad idea at the time he thought about it. He was a sex machine, after all.

"Mm... Is this a rhetorical question?" He asked himself.

Kyoyo glances away and blushed rather hard. "Maybe a quickie wouldn't hurt," she bashfully mumbled under her breath.

Hearing those words escape her lips were like music to Laito's ears. If hearts could literally pop out of his eyes sockets just like in the cartoons, that's exactly how his expression looked at that moment. Shortly after that, he stood up from his chair and cleared his throat to gain her attention before leaning over on the table and grabbed her chin towards him.

"Love-kitten, if you keep surprising my like this, you'll make it harder for me to let you go to school overseas."

Kyoyo stared deeply into his eyes after hearing the anxiety in his voice. "Come with me," She blurred out before nibbling on her lower lip. "The more I think about it, the United States will be really boring without my other half exploring it with me. Now I know it won't be easy to adapt. Plus, none of our family or friends will be there either," she added. "Just think about it thought. Will Japan be the same for you after I'm gone?"