Chapter 39: The After Dance Part 2

Aiko narrowed her eyes at Mayu, "hey sis, your in my spot."

A highly dramatic chuckle escaped Mayu's mouth. "Oops! My bad!" She climbed down off the desk and zipped the back of her dress up, after pulling the straps over her shoulders.

"Honestly, Subaru... you couldn't find another room or take her upstairs to yours?" Reiji questioned with a glare that clearly stated he was livid.

Subaru became red in the face as he fixed his tuxedo in front of the vanity mirror. Once Subaru was done, he turned back around to face his older brother and couldn't look at him straight in the eye. Instead, his eyes shifted to his devilish girlfriend who sent a seductive wink his way. "She provoked me... enough said," he implied.

"I don't care if she ties you up and whips you senseless! This is completely unacceptable... In my laboratory?" Reiji furiously complained. "This is absurd!"

Subaru sucked his teeth and entwined his arms over his chest as he glanced away from everybody in the laboratory.

"I expected this from Ayato or Laito... maybe even Shu, but never you," Reiji pointed out.

Aiko wobbled over to her boyfriend and slipped her hand around his arm as she tried to steady herself up straight. "Take an easy on them," she told him with a smile. "No harm done... See! They even look sorry."

Reiji glanced away from his intoxicated girlfriend, then peeped over at the both of his targets. Subaru stood in the same spot with his arms crossed and face still turned to the side. While Mayu stood in front of the same mirror her boyfriend had looked in a second ago and corrected her hair.

"Mm," Reiji hummed before forcing his gaze back over at Aiko. "It certainly doesn't look that way to me."

Mayu turned on her heel to face them again after she was done. That's when she pressed her hands on the desk and stare at Reiji with determination. "Listen! I know we got a bit carried away in your studies —laboratory or whatever you want to call it... but can't you please let this incident slide this once? Subaru and I need to join the others at the wedding festivities!" Mayu reminded in a pleading tone.

"Psst! This isn't the time to start acting like you care," Subaru stated forwardly.

She sharply scowled at him from out the corner of her sapphire eyes. "Nobody asked you Subaru."

Reiji sighed deeply as he pinched the bridge of his nose, after listening to the bickering. "Fine... I'll allow this incident to slide this once. That's all."

"Yes," exclaimed Mayu.

"How-ev-er... if this ever happens again —I will kill the both of you with my bare hands." He warned in an matter-of-fact tone.

Mayu bowed respectfully. "Thank you... Now let's go Subaru!"

Subaru was on Mayu's tail as she quickly left from Reiji's laboratory before he could complain about something else. They took the backway on the right end of the mansion that led to the ballroom where the after party was held at. Mayu stopped midway in the corridor once she realized that Subaru wasn't following anymore and searched over her shoulder to see where had gone.

To her relief, He wasn't that far away from her. The youngest Sakamaki brother was looking at something or someone else that seem to be where the balcony was located. Mayu sashayed over to him. "What are you doing," she asked before peeking over at the same place her was looking at. That's when she spotted out Kou leaning against the sill with his back in their direction, staring up at the sky.