Chapter 18: Say I Love You

On a dark and foggy Monday night Kanato was sitting on the roof top with his jaw propped on his knee and his arms wrapped around his leg. For awhile now, he sat there waiting and contemplating on whether Izumi would arrive or not.

It would've been difficult to peer through the cloudy fog from where he was sitting if he was human. Thankfully the purple eyed vampire could see clear as day. And nothing was going to stop him from earning her love back.

After several minutes of waiting, a luxurious limo appeared on school grounds in front of the entrance. Right away, Kanato recognized who the limo belonged to. The driver got out of the vehicle and walked around the other side to open the back door. Izumi stepped out in her school uniform while flipping her long bluish hair over her shoulder.

Kanato mouth curled into a smile as he watched her fix herself up and look around. After watching her, he stood up on the roof and prepare himself to jump down.

To his dismay, another figure stepped out of the vehicle and he made Kanato's skin crawl. Azusa stood beside Izumi with his long white ribbons blowing in the air behind him. His smile was very smugly and he had gripped Izumi hand like they were an item again.

This set the purpled-headed vampire's teeth on edge. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Something had to be done before he loses Izumi to Azusa forever.

Suddenly he launched off the roof and landed on his feet in front of them. Izumi looked startled and she immediately released Azusa's hand.

"Izumi-chan...we need to talk." Kanato spoke in a husky tone of voice.

Azusa laughed. "How troublesome... you're like a leech that can't be removed."

Kanato glared at him. "You're irrelevant to me and I refuse to let you take Izumi away from me."

The dark-headed vampire snorted. "Please, take her away from you? I believe that I had her first."

"Like hell," Kanato snorted. "She was never yours to begin with... because the truth of the matter is, it's always been me!"

"Take a look...she's will me not with you. Now get that through your thick head," Azusa argued back.

"That's enough," Izumi yelled at the top of her lungs. "I'm done, okay? And I don't want to hear you two fight over me anymore."

Kanato and Azusa lowered their heads in guilt. "Sorry..." They both said at the same time.

"I'm going to head to class now, so don't bother me." She warned.

She brushed pass Kanato and dashed inside the school.

"Are you happy now," Azusa asked him, before running inside and chasing after her.

Yui and Kyoyo walked in the corridor together deep in conversation. Kyoyo rented about Laito getting suspended two days from school and waited last-minute to tell her about it.

The raven hair girl sighed to herself and shook her head in disappointment. No wonder he woke her up this evening in high spirits. He was ecstatic about having more time off school alone.

"I can't believe him Yui," Kyoyo continued. "He actually waited until I got inside the limo to tell me that he wouldn't be joining me for the next couple of days. And to think I gave my body to him this past weekend. I would have gave him nada if I knew he was acting out at school."

"Who knows...maybe he couldn't wait anymore and he didn't want to spoil the fun. That's the only explanation I can think of," Yui implied.

Kyoyo bobbled her head. "True... In that case, I would've made him wait a little longer just to see him squirming." She smirked.