Chapter 28: Unstable Mess

When the people walking down the stairwell took their leave, Laito bonded his arms around Kyoyo, and she suddenly felt jittery. Should she come out and tell him about the news, or should she wait as he requested? The raven-haired girl couldn't decide what to do, especially when life was making a huge turn for her. Laito didn't exactly know how depress she was either. Her mother was ill, and there was no telling how many days left she had. On top of that, uncle Aguri and Laito were obviously at war for something she knew nothing about. Was it weird that she trusted her boyfriend's judgment over her own flesh and blood? Aguri was her favorite uncle, but he wasn't entirely a saint either. Growing up, he didn't really get along with her father, that's for sure. Yet, he took care of her and she was grateful for that. What exactly could he have done to make Laito break his wrist?

"What are you thinking about," Laito said, propping his chin over her shoulder.

The raven-haired girl flinched as she turned her head to him. "Oh, nothing," she lied. "I'm just really tired."

He narrowed his eyes at her, then down at her stomach. "You're not pregnant, are you?"

Her purple eyes widen at his blunt questioned. "What! No!" She snorted. "I'm on the pill, not dumb!"

Laito eyes sadden. "You make it sound like having kids with me is such a horrible thing."

"That's not true... I'm just not ready for children yet," his girlfriend admitted. "Beside, Yui and Reina are giving birth soon, so we don't need any more little rascals driving us crazy at the Sakamaki' resident."

"You got a valuable point, love-kitten. But what I'm really curious about –when did you get on the pill?"

"A week after we came back from our summer trip," she responded. "We were already that far in our relationship, but didn't exactly have sex yet. I wanted to be safe when it finally happens. Yui tagged along, even though she was acting unusually strange when we arrived at the women's clinic."

The auburn-haired vampire couldn't help but grin over her shoulder. "Now I wish I was there to see that traumatized expression on bitch-chan's face. She would've found out about her pregnancy sooner if I was there."

Kyoyo nervously chuckled while turning around in his arms to face him. "This is why you weren't invited. You wouldn't know how to act in a women's clinic. I'd probably have to drag you out by your collar, if it came down to it."

Laito pushed the bang slightly out of his eye. "You know me so well, love-kitten. I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you." He said, showing off a crafty smile. Then he leaned in for another kiss.

"Stop," Kyoyo demanded. She accidentally used all her strength to shove his face away. This caused him to half-glared at her in shock when touching his face. "Oops," yelped Kyoyo with wide eyes. "I am so sorry, Laito!"

He immediately moved away from her with his hand extended out. "Tch, don't sweat it! After all, this isn't the first time you put your hands on me."

Kyoyo stared at him with a blank face and crossed arms. "I wouldn't have to put my hands on you if you knew your place."

His eyelids snapped open wider. "My place has always been with you... I thought I earned the privilege to kiss, lick, suck, touch and bite you when ever I want?"

Kyoyo fanned herself when suddenly feeling hot and tugged the collar of her shirt. "Okay...Woo," she breathed out. "Why does it suddenly feel hot in here?"

"It only feels that way because you were thinking about my mouth on your lady parts –unless... you were thinking about me naked instead." He wiggled his eyebrows